Joanna comes running every time James cries. "Is Baby James okay?" she asks me.
Natalie is calling James "Jean Imogene," which is the name of our Cabbage Patch doll. I think she's a little confused.
She also kept saying "bite" when James would nurse. At first I thought she thought he was biting me. Now I think she's asking for a bite.
I am glad to be home but definitely feeling a little bluesy. Matt and I are both wiped out, and the girls are pretty tired too. We're hoping to get back into a bit of a routine, with good bedtimes and rest times. I absolutely could not sleep last night. It was so quiet in the hospital room that every whimper, snore, and noise kept me awake. I'm hoping for at least a little more sleep tonight!
James is in is first cloth diaper. He's wearing a prefold with a cover. It's pretty bulky! I need to organize all my stuff that fits him or fits Natalie right now and maybe label the drawers (I'm really tired!). We'll see what works!
James was circumcised last night. It's making him sad, but he's a trooper! He's been sleeping like a champ (on someone, of course). He's also nursing well and filling his diapers regularly.
Because we left the hospital after just one day, our pediatric practice wants to see James soon so our appointment is on Thursday. I'm looking forward to our doctor meeting him!
My cousin Josh's birthday is also October 18th. His mom (my Aunt Gail) commented on Facebook that Josh was born 28 years ago on a Monday morning at 8:24am. How cool is that! He and James are only 30 minutes apart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment