Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tuesday

A freshly showered Mommy!  Doesn’t he look super-cute in his “little brother” onesie?!

DSCN0500

Snuggles with Momma

DSCN0501

His spaceship:

DSCN0509

So I just love the marketing here.  A gift for breastfeeding moms.  (Oh boy, I love a good gift!)  It’s formula.  For breastfeeding moms.  I don’t get it.  I understand they want to send their product home with new mommies.  Makes sense.  If someone decides later they’d like to have some formula, this stuff’s in the house.  But I really really cannot comprehend actually printing “for breastfeeding moms”  on the package of formula.

DSCN0510

The bag it came in is super cute though.  And I have a can of Enfamil premium newborn if anyone needs it.

In his car seat for the first time – ready to head home!

DSCN0511 DSCN0518 DSCN0520

When we drove up, it startled me that the yard sign from the church was blue.  It seriously took my brain a few moments.  The others have been pink!

DSCN0522

And yes, at this point I’m sure the ISO or white balance or something is off on my mom’s camera.  (I checked but it all says “auto.”)  I haven’t tried to figure it out, and I gave it back to her – maybe she will figure it out!

DSCN0523 DSCN0524

Our official “We’re home” parents and baby picture.  I’ll have to post the ones from the girls as well, but they’re in the other room on the external hard drive.  I can’t keep a ton of pictures on this computer.

DSCN0525

Except for the bruise on her head, this is an amazing picture of Joanna!  If only James wasn’t a little covered up, it would be perfect of the two of them.  She LOVES him.

DSCN0528

Natalie loves him too, but she’s a little more confused about him.

DSCN0534 DSCN0535

First diaper at home: a prefold with a cover!

DSCN0536

Christiana stopped by on her way home from work for some Baby James snuggles!

DSCN0538

We were very glad to be home on Tuesday.  It felt good to get the house picked up and “settle in” a little bit while the girls were in school.  I definitely slept better at home!  I will post pics from today another time.  We had another nice day at home. 

I am noticing that I’m not “back to my old self” though.  My back still hurts like crazy, and my abdominal muscles are a joke.  It takes time I know, and I’m going to try and be good about getting my body back into shape.  I’m very anemic still; they were pretty worried about my blood counts in the hospital.  The discharging doctor from my ObGyn practice said I was “living on the edge” blood-wise.  My numbers are half what they should be.  Um, oops.  So I’m really working hard at remembering to take my prenatal vitamin.  I’m hoping that by getting my blood count up I will also see an increase in my energy and stamina too.  That’s an incentive for sure!

4 comments:

  1. I mean seriously, how do you post so much? I have absolutely no idea how you do that! Josie is 7 weeks and James is 2 days, and you've totally surpassed me! Super woman!!! I love reading all the posts though! He's super cute, and I can't wait to see him tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I have yet to actually put a post up since Tim was born. This is b/c Aj decided I didn't need copies of the first tiger pics which were taken with his camera. Finally got those last night, so hopefully tomorrow I can start posting things. Eeeek!! He's already a week old!! Lots of fun reading yours and seeing the pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get over there and see that baby! Too funny about that formula, what is UP with that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blood count is definitely why you're feeling lethargic. Eat lots of spinach and greens. Sardines and clams are high in iron too.

    ReplyDelete