Friday, October 1, 2010

It’s October!

It’s the month of Baby Brother’s birthday!  (Nobody better tell me he can wait until November, ‘kay?)  I’m excited he will have an October birthday.  I don’t know why, but September bugs me.  I can’t explain this, and I really love all my peeps who have September birthdays.  :)  And now I can recycle/cut up my September magazines and put the October ones in the baby box.

This isn’t quite my due date, but here’s the milk I bought today!  It’s getting close!!

PA010098

The girls and I made a very quick stop at Kroger after a run to the bank this morning.  You can’t really tell, but they’d just finished eating little powdered donuts – love those samples!  :)

PA010097 

I have to do a little more testing, but I think the picture quality from my camera may have improved with the new battery I just got!  I’d been thinking about getting an additional battery for backup for awhile, but just hadn’t felt like spending the money.  I figured I could be responsible and keep it charged.  Well, in the last couple of weeks I realized the battery was actually failing.  It wouldn’t hold much of a charge anymore, sometimes it would take a few tries to turn on.  Yikes!  I need my camera for the new baby!!  So I found a battery for just about $14 on Amazon.  Have I mentioned I’m totally addicted to Amazon?  Anyway, I was a little worried it wouldn’t come before the baby, but it did!  I’m going to have to take some low-light pictures that always look awful and see if the new battery helps!  Wow, what a long paragraph about batteries.

Here’s my funny bank story of the day:  Every two weeks I go to the bank to make deposits and withdraw the next two weeks worth of envelope cash.  My system is to write a check to cash for the withdrawal (since my checks are free and I don’t have to fill anything out) and put a post-it on it of the bills I want.  Like this:

100 – I

50 – II

20 – III

10 – I

Or whatever the amount is.  It’s not rocket science or anything, but it usually works just fine and I think people get the tally mark thing.  Most people, anyway!  So today my post-it looked like the above, but this is what I actually got:

50 – II

20 – III

10 – I

1 -- (Okay, I don’t know how to make 100 tally marks on the computer but that’s what would be here.)

That’s not exactly what I wanted.  Oh well, easy enough to trade out.  And I did!

This morning my wonderful Joanna slept until 7:45!  Yay!  She possibly would have slept louder if her grumpy sister hadn’t need to scream and cry a lot this morning.  Natalie woke up at 6:30.  This is not good for her.  In fact yesterday her note from school said she tried to fall asleep at 12:30!  Makes sense if you’re up at 6 – ew!

So even though I am totally bushed after a week of being a wife, mom, bulletin printer, and incubator, I’m trying to get a lot done today!  I’m working through 6 loads of laundry.  All the hang dry stuff is out (and almost dry!)  and everything else is waiting in line for the dryer.  There will be lots of folding in the Pence house this evening!  I also managed a trip to the bank and the grocery store.  I really love having a morning to just do homemakery kinds of things.  We haven’t had one this week and I can feel it!  Sadly my back aches and my feet are swollen and it’s only 1:00!  I’m such a wimp, not to mention pretty out of shape.

Alright, long rambling post over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment