We were very excited to have a real live photographer come to the house Friday morning for some newborn snuggly pictures. I didn’t do this with the girls, and it’s something I’ve really wanted to do. So we did. Our friend Rachel Robinson from church is the wife of our youth pastor and also a great photographer who loves taking pictures of babies! She spent the morning taking pictures of my sweet family. So I didn’t take many pictures today. I’m so excited to see what she got!
First thing today James simply had to have a bath! With our crazy day yesterday, it just didn’t fit in, but he was a little grimy and ready for that FIRST BATH at home!
These pictures are pretty bad because it was dark, but you get the idea!
I couldn’t take all the sad crying, so he got his binky and I held him for most of the bath. He doesn’t use the bink much, but he really can go to town sucking!
The official “I’m clean” shot with Mommy. I have these from the girls’ first baths too. :)
We had such a wonderful morning having Rachel take pictures. Sadly, Joanna’s bandage was very prominent and very icky-looking, but I’m not dwelling! The girls loved having their pictures made, and so did James, he just doesn’t know it yet.
This afternoon we headed outside for some bubbles! Mamma gave the girls a new set, and they loved blowing bubbles outside.
James and I joined them. It’s so muggy and warm outside, but I guess that actually made it pretty perfect weather for a newborn. It was pretty cloudy, too.
Isn’t this outfit hilarous?! It’s from Aunt Mindy.
The back says “Daddy’s Little Monster.” So true! :)
And from just a few minutes ago, his tiny precious feet.
Man I love me some baby feet!
Well, now I’m caught up on the blog (makes me happy!) so I’m hoping to be able to pop in and make quick posts of our exciting times without thinking about what I haven’t posted yet. It’s hard to blog out of order… feels like cheating. :)
Today was Matt’s last “work day” off from work. Back when we were talking about it, it felt like he was going to have so much time off – it has FLOWN by! He still has PTO available, so we’re planning on him using some in the coming weeks for when there are well check-ups and sick kiddos and other crazyness. My mom is off next week, so I’m very thankful for that! I’m pretty sure she’s also planning to hang out with us some, not just sit and home and call me and tell me she’s off work. :) I’ve gotta be honest: I can tell you right now I’m not ready to be home alone with two kids yet. And thankfully my husband will be home every morning and every evening and all night. Surely I can manage those few measly hours in-between, right? I have actually felt pretty good today. My back (and some other areas) are really killing me, but I know they’re continue to get better. I was pretty active today, and even though I’m exhausted, I think that helped me feel better. I have got to get my iron levels up and my tummy muscles working – then I think I will start to feel like my old self (or some version of it anyway!)
James is up, hopefully just for a little snack, and then we can all go to bed!
Night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment