Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Kindle Came!

Right around Natalie’s birthday, the Kindle came!  I was coming home just as the delivery man (Fed Ex, I think?) was driving up, so he put it in my hot little hands!  It was a Wednesday.  Smile

P1120240

Isn’t is pretty?!  My first thought was that this screen was a peelie.  But it isn’t!  That’s what the text looks like.

P1120241

I knew that it had “e-ink” technology, but I guess I didn’t really know what that meant.

P1120242

It really does look like a page from a book!

I’ve been enjoying it very much the last couple of weeks.  I reread Little Women on it (free!) and am continuing with Little Men now.  Tomorrow a NEW book I haven’t read (and actually will pay for) comes out on Kindle, so I’m excited about that!  I actually preordered it, and when I turn it on tomorrow, it will automatically deliver it.  I think that’s pretty fancy.  Smile

I also downloaded a free Bible version (ESV, I think) and I like it pretty well.  It’s reasonably easy to look things up, and the version doesn’t seem too far off from what I’m used to.  Eventually I may download another version, but so far I’m happy with this one.  I’m trying to remember to always have my Kindle in my purse when I leave the house, so this means I will always have a Bible with me as well.

I have a ton more free classics loaded on the Kindle.  As long as I have it with me, I won’t be without something to read!  Of course, with three children, I don’t have that problem as much as I used to.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO excited for you! I have an app on my ipod for the Bible, and it was has been awesome while doing my Beth Moore homework!

    ReplyDelete