We unexpectedly got to visit a little farm up the road today. What a great way to beat the Friday afternoon slump! Actually, I did know this morning that we were going, but I thought it would be a quick pick up, instead the girls got to see the animals and do a little learning/exploring – what fun!
The farm lady took the girls over to see the baby cows! They are 4 and 5 months old – like James!
I didn’t want to be the crazy picture lady, but I had to get a couple of pictures! They’re pixelated because I was standing pretty far away, and I cropped ‘em. At first the calves ran away a distance because they were scared of my girls. Little by little they came back over as Joanna waited patiently for them.
We got to ride the golf cart around to see everything! This is the cow who made our milk!
Her “MOO” was very loud and really scared my poor Natalie! There she is walking away from the cart:
Like I said I didn’t take many pictures, but there were chickens everywhere, pecking around. We bought a dozen fresh eggs along with our milk.
It’s been a loooooong time since I’ve had eggs straight from the chicken – looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment