Sunday, January 8, 2012

Little Bits

  • Matt has taught Joanna the Lord’s Prayer.  Little by little, she learned it at evening prayer time.  It is amazing to watch her say it with the congregation in church.  I am so so thankful for Matt for many reasons including this.  He’s so patient; I’m not sure I would have stuck it out!
  • Joanna is the Star of the Week in her class this week, so our homework last week was to do her poster.  Yikes!  I can’t believe the very first weekend in the history of the world I went out of town was also the weekend we needed to do this project.  :)  We got it done today no problem though, and it’s so cute!  I’ll post about it all by itself another time.
  • I really needed a decent picture of Matt with Joanna or the girls or all three, but I didn’t have anything recent.  I told him to try and get one while I was gone, but fortunately I didn’t actually count on that.  :)  This morning before church, I had Matt and girls go outside for a little session.  Here are a few pics I took:

The first one’s not too bad, but Natalie isn’t looking at the camera.  I think our neighbors were coming or going at that point, and being very distracting for my photo session!
IMG_4324

We got a couple of really bad ones with fake cheese smiles, then I said or did something that elicited an actual genuine smile from Natalie!  But do you know what my husband, the grown-up, was doing?  TALKING!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  He knows the rules!  Don’t MOVE when you are the grown-up; be prepared at all times for the shutter to click.  ALL TIMES.  Sigh.

It’s still a good pic though.  Rant done.  :)

IMG_4327

And of course I LOVE the snuggles!
IMG_4330

The one with Matt talking went on the Star of the Week poster.  :)

  • Every morning I finally have it down in my routine to take my thyroid medication and my vitamin.  I almost never forget.  This weekend I remembered to pack my meds, but absolutely forgot to take them.  It never even occurred to me until I got home on Saturday.  :(  So today, I suffered the crash from not enough thyroid in my system (or something like that!).  I really hope it doesn’t last through tomorrow as well.  That will be rough!  I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.
  • I think if I hadn’t had a crash today, we probably would have started taking down the Christmas décor.  As it is, it’s still up.  :)  I’ve at least got to get the ornaments put away so I can decorate the big tree for Natalie’s birthday!  It needs some threes!
  • I can’t believe Natalie is going to be three on Wednesday.  Well, maybe I kind of can believe it; sometimes she just seems so big!  And, even though I can’t believe it, I think she’s ready to start wearing size four.  Joanna is still wearing some of her fours!

No comments:

Post a Comment