Thursday, January 19, 2012

Well-checks, playing outside, and visits with friends (Oh, my!)

Today while Joanna was at school, I took James and Natalie for their 15 month and 3 year check-ups, respectively.

I’ve been talking the doctor’s visit up to Natalie over the past few days.  I’m not sure it was the best choice since she was pretty worried about it, but I do think it was better than just springing it on her.  :)

She got her blood pressure taken, and she did so well.

IMG_0236

James was just as happy as could be during (almost) the whole visit.  So cute!

IMG_0239

I love this Jamesie face:

IMG_0242

And this one – he is so cute!

IMG_0243

I loooooovvvvveeee his little “thumbs up” toe.  Baby feet are just so stinkin’ cute!

IMG_0245

James loves to color like his sisters.  :)

IMG_0247

The children are, of course, absolutely perfect!

Natalie’s stats:
Height: 36.25” (25%)
Weight: 30lbs 6.4oz (48%)

James’ stats:
Height:39.75” (13%)
Weight: 20lbs 10.5oz (5%)
Head circumference: 19.13” (86%)

I don’t think Natalie ever talked to Dr. Harper, but she did warm up during the visit, enough to give him a hug good-bye.

And like I said, James was pretty happy the whole time.  He didn’t love having his throat looked at or, of course, his two vaccinations.  He’s such a good boy!

Back at home, James found some laundry to help me with – so thoughtful!

P1190084

I love the get-ups Joanna comes up with.

IMG_4403

After naps we headed to the driveway for a little play.  I put these super-cute hand-me-down shoes on James – love ‘em!

IMG_0252

He wanted to sit with me for a while before getting down to play with his sisters.

IMG_0254

Then he hopped in the car with Natalie to show her how it was done – such a gentleman.

IMG_0256

Cutie pie!

IMG_0259

Just before I could snap the picture, Natalie had her arm around her brother; it was so cute!  Here he is trying to get around her to put the key in the ignition.

IMG_0260

Oh those feet!

IMG_0262

Later on, my friend Kathy (from Washington!) stopped over with her boys and her sister.  It was such a nice visit, and the kids played really well together.

IMG_4404

Josh didn’t want to open his eyes, but it’s still such a cute picture!

IMG_4405

Awwwwwww… These two are about five months apart.

IMG_4406

Natalie and Sam, so sweet!  Natalie is not quite three months older than Sam.

IMG_4408

A Natalie sandwich!

IMG_4411

Joanna asked Josh if they could hug together for the picture – ha!

IMG_4412

(Yes, if you’re counting, we’ve got a couple of chances here to marry our families together in twenty years or so.)  :)

We stuck James and Tim in the crib to get their picture.  I LOVE the faces!

IMG_4413

James was like “what is going on?”  and Sam was like “let’s party!”

IMG_4415

“C’mon – jump!”

IMG_4416

It was pretty funny.  Tim is five days older than James.

IMG_4418

I love that Kathy and I have been pregnant at the same time with all of our kiddos.  :)

It was a great day, full of lots of fun and plenty of pictures.

ahhhhh…

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Had such fun watching the kiddos play/interact together! And of course, catching up with y'all. I will call you tomorrow to swing by to get the sippy cup. Great pics!! can you email them to me at some point? Love the ones of J and Joanna, especially... would be great to show at a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner... :0)

    ReplyDelete