Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baptism this Morning

We went to Aunt Allison’s church this morning to see her baptized!

They did it right at the beginning of the service.  I wasn’t sitting close, and I don’t have a zoomy lens, so I’ve cropped these.  I think they turned out pretty good though.

IMG_8613IMG_8615IMG_8616IMG_8620

It was very cool!

The kiddos had lots of family to sit with.  Yay!

IMG_8611

There was about 30 minutes of standing and singing praise and worship music.  That’s not really how I like to worship, BUT it put James right out!  It must have been very soothing for him.

IMG_8621

He had a gooooood nap on his cousin Jenny!  He was even snoring a little during the sermon.

IMG_8623

The service was longer than we are used to, but the kiddos did so well!  It helps that there were lots of their favorite people around to sit with.  :)

After the service, Uncle Mark picked up some barbecue for lunch, and we ate in the Fellowship Hall.

This boy is cute.  :)  And he was much refreshed after his morning nap.

IMG_8624

Awww!!  Matt, Mindy, Jenny, and Missy

IMG_8626

Natalie was digging in NOT her Daddy’s pockets and didn’t realize it wasn’t him.  When she looked up, she ran over to her daddy and hid behind his legs.  She was so embarrassed! 

IMG_8628

There was a little wait on lunch, so I snuck James a piece of bread – yum!

IMG_8629

Sitting with Aunt Missy!

IMG_8631

James was having Mindy help him get all the raisins out of his cookie.  He ate the whole cookie, he just wanted the raisins first!

IMG_8633

I ran into a girl from high school (and middle and elementary for that matter!) whose husband is the youth pastor at the church.  It was fun to run into an old friend!

It was a lovely morning, though it does feel strange not to have gone to our church today.  And I didn’t go last week because James was sick.  I guess I’m up there plenty during the week that they won’t forget me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment