I’m sitting on my couch at 10:30 in the morning, (re)watching the first season of Fringe on my Roku player. The wonderful thing about watching TV when the children aren’t home is not having to turn down the volume on the loud parts. Oh, and being able to watch things that are totally inappropriate for children. I definitely have some chores I could be doing, but I’m focusing on resting today for the good of us all. I was so sick yesterday. I’m not sure I’ve been that sick in a very long time. Stomach bugs don’t usually affect me so very badly. Thankfully, Matt was able to stay home because otherwise CPS might have had to come. I simply would not have been able to care for the children, much less myself. :)
Joanna looked so cute yesterday, I had to take a picture from my spot on the couch. She’s been into side ponytails this week – she loves ‘em!
Anyway, I had to go almost 24 hours without food and my body just did not know what to do about that! I seldom go 24 minutes, you know? I started feeling bad through the night; the nausea would wake me up, and I didn’t feel like I could eat anything until about 4:30pm. I was so weak and had such a headache. Fortunately my MIL had dropped off Sprite, Gatorade, and some chicken soup. And we had saltines from James being sick over the weekend. I was set! Matt did such a good job taking care of me and the kiddos. I love that man! And I was so thankful that I had really (well, for me anyway) cleaned house over the weekend and on Monday. I hate being stuck in bed with a mess around me that is only going to get clean if I do it.
I drove Joanna to school this morning because even though I feel better I don’t want to push it. No relapse for me thank you! And my wonderful friend Lisa took the little kids to school. I did need to get out and take care of a dog, but that gave me the excuse to go ahead and get my Thursday Dr. Pepper. The headache, you know. And I sat on my mom’s couch and watched cable for a little while.
I feel very lazy today, and I’m loving every minute!
No comments:
Post a Comment