James slept in a little this morning (hallelujah!), and was quite chipper when I went in to get him. He said to me “Thomas train, shirt.” I looked at his shirt, which had a doggie on it, and probably looked at him skeptically. Then he looked in his shirt and said it again with a laugh. Sure enough, Thomas the train was in the little pouch created from his tucked-in jammie shirt. He was so tickled with it, and it stayed in until it was time to take Joanna to school. :)
It was much chillier than my Houston children are used to, so I left the jammies on Natalie and James then put another layer of clothes on top for the walk to school. James got to wear his new blue cashmere hat that Gran made him. No hand-me-down pink hats for this boy!
I of course didn’t get a picture of any of this in my frenzy, but let’s see if you can get an appropriate mental image: I put Laura in her car seat in the stroller (thinking she might nap) and Ray rode in the other seat. I put James in the Ergo (LOVE that thing!!) on my back. Natalie and Joanna walked. It seems Natalie walks faster in the afternoons, FYI. She wasn’t quite awake or something this morning; I kind of had to pull her along. I ended up carrying her/propping her on the stroller for the last leg of the trip. And it turns out I was seen by people I know. :) Someone should take a picture – I’m sure it is quite a sight!
The most, let’s say trying thing about wearing James on my back is not his weight (the Ergo is AWESOME!) but oh my the talking in my ear! I really do love it, but oh boy! He points out every car and other interesting thing, and of course he likes me to respond to him. I just love that boy. Anyway, on the way home he kept making this noise, like “eh eh eeehhh eh.” I asked him what he was doing (it was almost but not quite a pain kind of noise), and he said “talk car.” After a few minutes I figured out he really was talking to the cars! He is just so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment