Poor James woke up throwing up Saturday morning. :( So I left his butt at home and took my back-up toddler, Natalie, to the Musikgarten class I teach. She had a great time and it was a treat to spend some one-on-one time with her. I am soooooo thankful that Matt can take care of all the vomit situations – wahoo! Poor James was hungry and thirsty all morning, even though he couldn’t keep anything down. At about noon I could tell he was feeling better and he was really wanting food, so he got some crackers and Pedialyte. He kept those down so it was pretty much back to normal that day. He felt fine until after nap when he had a fever and just felt crummy. After some Tylenol he was back to his old self. I left Matt (again!) at home with the kiddos while I headed out to a much needed Girls Night Out!! My friends Amy and Kim were in from out of town and we met up with Theresa for some dinner at Johnny Carino’s.
You know I took pictures of my food. :)
And even though it was hard to get far enough back, we took pictures at the table. Theresa and Kim:
Me and Amy:
We took turns catching up around the table – it was SO NICE!!
Then we headed to our friend Shaun’s house after dinner for some ice cream and lots more chatting. I needed every stinking bit of that evening! Even the part where I got absolutely lost between the restaurant and Shaun’s house and my phone was blinking it’s battery light. I may have cried. :)
I didn’t get home until after midnight. I could not tell you the last time I was out that late! It was a good night for that extra hour of sleep.
Matt took the girls to church while I stayed at home with James and got caught up on life. He seemed pretty much back to normal, though a little on the grumpy side. I was glad for the opportunity to be at home with just one kiddo to get some things done.
This afternoon Joanna and I finished up her Student of the Week poster (due tomorrow). She painted it yesterday and we were letting it get very dry. Isn’t it gorgeous?!! I just love all the colors and designs. I kind of wanted to go get another plain white one to turn in so I could hang this one on the wall!
I had a bunch of pictures of Joanna and things/people she loves printed. I cropped them (to show off more of the beautiful background) and matted them on white cardstock so they’d pop a bit. She wrote her name for me on black cardstock and I cut it out, trying to preserve her handwriting as best as I could. She wrote her name, age, and birthday on the white paper (I helped with spelling) that I mounted in the middle. That was what was required to be on the poster, and the rest of the story is pretty much in the pictures. I really love the way it turned out. :)
We had Junior Vandenberge with us this weekend, and he always makes James happy!
My floor was soooo grody (even before Junior was dropped off on Thursday) but between being lazy and busy and smart, I think, I decided to hold off vacuuming until that sweet shedding boy went home this evening. :) Now after emptying the canister on the Dyson three times, my floors are much cleaner!!
James woke up from his rather short nap this afternoon not feeling good at all. He often wakes up cranky, so I wasn’t sure he was really sick. I can’t find our good thermometer, but I was guessing he didn’t have a fever. Then when Joanna and I were sticking the pictures on her poster, James came up to me just crying hard like he’d been hurt. I of course did the automatic mommy thing and gathered him up in my arms to comfort him, where he absolutely threw up a ton all over me. I don’t really do vomit well, so thankfully Matt was home. He swooped in, gave me a towel, and grabbed James. I plugged my nose, closed my eyes, and went to my happy place (it is, by the way, on a lake in Maine) until my stomach settled. Then I left my clothes right there and made a beeline for the shower!
And you know what? My AMAZING husband cleaned it all up. I am definitely going to keep him forever. :)
James was pretty fine for the rest of the day. I didn’t feel too bad about denying him any food since he’d eaten well today and it was close enough to bedtime. He did fuss for some water, so we gave him just a little bit of pedialyte. I hope he wakes up feeling okay!
And during all of this my sweet sweet Natalie was just entertaining herself and staying out of the way. Love her! She was using a pair of those little sock things you get at the shoe store to put over her Little People so they could be ghosts!
I really could watch her play for hours.
Despite the vomit and fever, it was a fabulous weekend. I had some energy and some time away and I really got caught up on some parts of life. I feel much more on top of things than I have in weeks, I think. Hallelujah!
Wow. That is a GOOD husband! Not that mine isn't great, but he does NOT like dealing with vomit (doesn't make him sick or anything, he just gets angry), so even though it makes me want to throw up, too, I usually end up cleaning up the vomit in our house. Plus, AJ is rarely around for it. He's either asleep or gone when the kids get sick, seems like. So good for Matt!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for Mommy's Night Out!