And really really ready...but waiting patiently, sort of. I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Mom watched Joanna and Matt came with me -- it was practically a date! My blood pressure was a little high but okay. I'm now dilated to 5 cm (from 4 last Monday). The head is down but still high (same as last week). She asked if I wanted to keep waiting. I said yes, but she did give me a final deadline. She doesn't want me going past next Friday the 16th so she set up an induction for that date. I really really really do not want to be induced, so I'm hoping for labor soon! I have another appointment Monday to make sure things are still going well. I am curious as to what the new baby ticker (to the right on the blog) will say after tomorrow. Negative numbers? I was really hoping she'd be born yesterday. It was Epiphany, and I think that would have been such a wonderful birthday! However, I also think today is a good day, as well as tomorrow, any day this weekend or sometime next week. We are wanting to meet Baby Sister!! If she's born on Sunday, my girls' birthdays will be 2/22 and 1/11. I kind of like that...
I was talking to someone who suggested that I make plans for something I really want to do; that's sure to cause me to have the baby before then! I sort of tried that last week -- I had a girls' night on Friday, then plans for ice cream with a friend from High School on Saturday. I got to go to both!
I need to just relax! I am feeling really pretty good. I have a very cute, very fun almost 2 year old to play with. The weather is super nice. I do not have a newborn to care for. My TV shows are coming back after the holidays. My mom just said that Matt and I can go out tonight if we want and she'll watch Joanna!!
Joanna seems to be feeling better this morning. Her temp got to 102 yesterday evening poor thing. Even then she didn't seem to feel that badly, though. I am hoping she'll be able to go to school tomorrow. It just seems like such a waste to be paying tuition for a child who isn't going to school! Okay, done griping.
OK, Jess, if you really want to know how to go into labor (well, it worked with Josh...), you need Matt to be scheduled on a trip of some sort. Then, the afternoon before he leaves, he'll call from work, and you'll tell him you think you're in labor...! Then the next day, when he's supposed to be flying...I mean, working, you'll have a new baby! Ta-da! Anyway, just thought that might help...have you vacuumed lately? I hear that can also help!
ReplyDeleteLove ya and can't wait to hear...I'm betting God wanted her to wait till Joanna was feeling better...maybe she'll come on her due date!!
You poor thing...I think I may have said that a few times!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't have to be induced either. Surely it will happen before next Friday...I mean you're 5 cm already...I never even made it that far!
I think 1/11 and 2/22 would be the coolest thing EVER! I'm a weirdo about dates, though!