Yesterday, Joanna had this blanket and her little baby, and was saying, "help, help!" She had Daddy help her swaddle her baby so she could hold her and take care of her.
What a sweet little Mommy!
This morning Joanna was a little Daddy-needy. She layed outside the bathroom door crying for him while he was in the shower. Poor girl!
Miss Natalie is 1 week old today! Here she is laying in her crib in the girls' room.
She doesn't sleep there yet, but it's a good place to lay her down when I need my hands for Joanna in there.
I realized I hadn't posted a picture of Natalie's crib bedding. I just love it! I am very into the purple for baby girls that is so popular right now. This bedding also has a little of that bright green that is other places in Joanna's room.
I think this is cute -- she fell asleep and ditched the pacifier.
My Aunt Gail and my Grandma came over after church and brought fried chicken for lunch! Look closely and you can see that Natalie found her thumb.
Awwwwww...
This afternoon we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and spend a few minutes outside. Joanna did not want me to help hold her baby; she wanted to do it all herself. What a serious look she has here!
What a sweet sister!
Mommy and her girls in front of our sign again.
Tomorrow Matt is headed back to work, but we've decided he'll work a short day to ease me into this taking care of 2 kiddos thing. Yikes!
Joanna did not take a nap this afternoon. We tried of course, but she first of all didn't want to and then she needed a diaper change, and by that point she was pretty much too worked up to sleep. So about 5:00 she was an emotional wreck. Picture me in the kitchen, nursing a baby using one arm, fixing dinner with the other, with a toddler clinging to my legs. I'm sure that's not my last time to be there! Fortunately Matt was home and helping me with dinner. We put Joanna to bed a little early (as soon as we could after dinner and bath!) and she went right out. She was sooooo tired!
Part of me is looking forward to getting into a routine with the girls, but I am really going to miss this past week of the 1:1 parent child ratio. I'm still physically recovering from the pregnancy and delivery, and I'm looking forward to getting back into toddler chasing shape. I say "back into shape" but actually I never had to chase a toddler until I was pregnant. Joanna didn't start walking (much less running) until I was already pregnant with Natalie. So theoretically, this should be easier now, right? I guess the lack of sleep and lingering back pain don't really aid with the toddler chasing. Eh, oh well.
I can't believe that Matt's been home for a whole week. It went really really quickly! I think what I'm going to miss most is sleeping in. The past couple of days Natalie and I have slept in until about 8 and Matt and Joanna have gotten up and ready. I really like sleeping in. I am a sleep junkie for sure! I am really glad that I'm able to sleep flat on my belly again! Whoo hoo!
Oh I'm such a rambler, and now I'm feeding a baby so typing isn't as much fun. More cutie pie girl updates later!
Oh, wow, Jess...the thing is, I can see you in that pose you described...I can also see me in it, in a couple of months!! How hard is it, to nurse Nat and chase Joanna simultaneously? Let me know how the next few days go...AJ gets 2 weeks of leave after Sam, and my parents are coming at some point, but I'm still scared! I'm prayin for you and for the girls!
ReplyDeleteNatalie is SOOOOOOO cute. Can't wait to see her in real life.
ReplyDelete