Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just a quick update...

One very happy daddy!
(Check out that GIANT couch he's sitting on -- that's in our room!)

Things are still going great with us! We're all settled into our recovery room. I'm feeling pretty good and well taken care of. I've had a couple of hospital meals (not too bad), and Miss Natalie is still eating like a champ. She's also taking care of business like a champ, too. I haven't seen any doctors (mine or hers) since I delivered, but I'm sure they'll be rounding tomorrow.

I was telling Matt today... this will actually be the first night ever I've slept away from Joanna. Sure, she's been in her own room forever, but we've always been in the same house; she's always woken up with me there (even if lately she's been coming to greet me in bed instead of the other way around!).

My mom and Joanna came back up this afternoon when we had Natalie back with us. Joanna loves her, for sure. She wants to hold her and kiss her and love her and touch her. It's very precious. She's definitely going to need some monitoring. She's bound to love her just a little to hard, of course without meaning to. I'm hoping to take a bunch more cute pics tomorrow, but this will do for now!
Look, my daughters!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She's beautiful and so is her name!!! I love you and miss you guys...hope to meet Miss Natalie soon! -Aunt Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jess, how sweet!! I can't wait to see my little guys together, too! I'm so happy for you, and just a little jealous, but in a good I-want-to-meet-my-new-son way!
    Take care, and we love you...congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! And I must say I don't think I've ever seen a baby ticker started at exactly the day she was born, so it looks crazy to see "Natalie is 1 day old" Thanks for letting us visit last night...she's just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete