Monday, January 26, 2009

Joanna is falling apart.

She woke up yesterday with an eye infection. My mother's first words after I described it to her were PINK EYE. Oye. We'll see what the doctor says. Cause fortunately we have an appointment already scheduled for this afternoon! I have changed 10 DIRTY DIAPERS today. And it's only noon. 5 were Natalie's (and some only barely dirty -- you know newborns!), but 5 were Joanna's. I'm pretty sure she's working on #6 right now. Better catch up, Natalie! How is poor Joanna's bottom supposed to clear up when she's constantly pooping?!! If I wasn't at home by myself with a newborn and a sick toddler, I'd have her diaper off. As it is, she's wearing them. I just don't think I'm capable of handling that alone. Her diaper rash is ten thousand times better than it was on Friday and Saturday, though. We've been pretty good this weekend about keeping it clean. Notice I said we; I miss the weekend!
Natalie won't sleep anywhere that isn't touching me. She'll sleep in the sling, in my arms, on my chest, next to me in the bed. But not in her bed, in her bouncer, anywhere else. I'm okay with that; I know she'll learn how to eventually, but this sure does make Joanna's diaper changes, etc. super fun. And let me tell you, I'm disgusting right now. And she's tired. And poor Joanna looks like she's wearing some kind of special effects make-up with her eyes all goopy.
Okay, done venting. Feeling better now. I know this too shall pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment