Thursday, January 8, 2009

40 weeks

Never in my wildest imaginings did I think I would make it to my due date. That I would work on my due date. Never. Luckily (and thanks to coworkers) I was able to finish things up quickly this morning and have had some time to putz around the house. I'm now sitting down and having a little lunch. I'll pick up Joanna in about an hour from MDO. She was finally able to go back to school! And I'm assuming things are going okay as I haven't heard from them. :) I'll be pretty surprised if they got her to nap, though. We've had several days of trouble in that area. Oh, well.
I'm to the point in my pregnancy that my back hurts pretty much constantly, except when I'm sitting in that exact perfect corner of my deep, wonderfully comfy couch. I'm hoping to spend some of this evening there. I probably should have spent the last couple of hours there, but I got to nesting. We've been out of gdiaper inserts for several days, and my big box came today! I got Joanna a couple more bottoms (pink and green) since 2 is not quite enough and hers are orange and off-white. Yick. The new ones are much cuter! I also got a starter set for Baby Sister, and a bunch of refill inserts. So I started putting them away, then ended up organizing all her drawers, under the crib, in her closet, and finally emptied the crib of all the stuff that had accumulated there. I put up the mobile and put on a mattress pad. The bedding is the only thing that's in the crib now. We're just waiting on the baby to come before we wash it and put it on. I can't wait! It is going to be soooooooo precious!!
I took some preggo shots last night which I'll post when I feel like getting up and getting my camera. Till then, you can use your imagination!

4 comments:

  1. I think we are all shocked you have made it to this point in your pregnancy. Just goes to show you that each one is completely different - as they all say. I am sure that is not any comfort to you though. Meanwhile, I will be checking the blog and email several times daily, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since this is a family blog I'll just say this much, one of the better known wives tales for encouraging the onset of labor totally worked for us...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun--good gracious, TMI. hehe kidding, kidding. I will be grown up about this and say, whatever it takes to get the job done, you need to do it, clearly :) I mean, over 40 weeks is just too long--we're all chompin at the bit here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I just meant eating spicy foods, What were YOU thinking??? Seriously tho' we are ready to meet this little one for sure!

    ReplyDelete