The whole milk I bought at Kroger today!
It’s possible (although not likely considering how we go through milk around here) that Baby Brother could come before we use all this milk! Of course it’s also possible we’ll be three gallons down the road. :)
I was reading through my blog of the last few weeks before Natalie was born and ran across this post about waiting on her. I’m pretty much feeling the same way right now. Although I think I have way less energy. I cannot fathom a trip to the mall right now! Yes, I’m a little tired of being pregnant, but I also know that soon enough I actually will miss it. This may or may not be my last pregnancy (don’t know!), and I will probably get those baby crazy, wish I was pregnant feelings again, whether or not we have more children. Might as well try to enjoy it now! I really do love the feeling that he’s developed in there and I could go into labor any time. Joanna came at 38 weeks + 2 days, but we all know Miss Natalie held on until 40 weeks + 3 days! I firmly believe that’s exactly how long she needed to gestate, so I’m trying to be very patient while waiting on my son. He’ll come when he’s ready! It’s so cute, Joanna knows the due date. It doesn’t mean much to her, but I love to hear her say “October 18th.” Natalie goes over to the pack-n-play and says “baby, baby” every day. She leaves little presents in there for him too. :)
I’m hoping to spend Friday and Saturday (with enough energy!) cleaning and picking up the house. I feel so much better when it’s basically picked up and clean. It’s just so hard when I don’t have mornings at home. I get so behind. The mornings are when I feel fresh and have energy. It all goes down hill from there! I should have Friday and Saturday morning at home though. Phew!
To do then:
- Clean kitchen
- Clean table and chairs and dining room floor
- vacuum carpets
- pick up playroom
- put away any lingering laundry and probably do some more
- clear off surfaces of paperwork and misc. junk
- clip and file coupons (maybe…)
- clean middle bathroom
I know I said I’m happy to wait (and I am!), but I really think Sunday would be a very cool birthday for Little Man. The girls’ birthdays are 1-11 and 2-22. Sunday will be 10-10-10. That goes very well with our theme! Of course, today’s date would be good, or tomorrow’s or some time next week… :) I’ve been feeling so happy the past few days. I LOVE the weather; my girls have started sleeping until 7am (instead of 5:30 or 6:00). Things are just so nice! In fact, sometimes I wake up at night (on one of my 900 trips to the bathroom :) and I get a little scared about labor. I think: “I’m not ready!” But then the next day, I have trouble getting up and moving around and I hurt, and I look at his little clothes and his little bed and think about his name and how much I want to hold him… then I’m not so scared anymore. :)
Good night and thanks for listening to me ramble.
I woke up tonight thinking really hard about you and had to check here and db to see if you'd gone into labor w/o me!! I guess maybe not... I just thought I'd let you know you were on my mind. I mostly feel like you about when Tim comes, but I just hate the thought of more people sitting in my house waiting for me to go into labor (I.e. my parents) all the time when they could be spending time w/ Tim. Plus, I really am a little scared about how big he's getting. Sam was 8lb 1oz and that was hard enough to get out!! And I so want him to still be teeny when he's born, not a hulk!! I know he'll come "when he's ready" but I'm really hoping for that to be soon!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so patient! You look soooo cute pregnant, and I think 10-10-10 would be a great birthday for Baby Brother...I love your theme God got going for you:) October 12th is also a good day...it's my birthday, and it's been a good one for 35 years!!!!
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs!!!!!
I'm always checking fb, too, to see if you're still "with child." :) You are sooo close to being done, and I'm so glad the weather is cooler for you, too! It's been so enjoyable. Can't wait to hear his name! I don't know why you always happen to be in my dreams with what you're going to name your kid (this is like my 3rd one), but I'm going to say that Matthew is going to be his middle name!
ReplyDeleteWait? Am I the only one to notice the whole there might be more kids after this one mention? YAY! If ANYONE on the planet should be raising babies it's you guys, and I soooo love big families! Or not, you know, since my feelings about it are probably not paramount to your decision making!
ReplyDelete