Friday, October 15, 2010

Phone Calls

  • Today I got my reminder phone call for my 40 week appointment on Monday. :( I told the gal that I really hoped I wouldn't still be pregnant, but if I was, I'd be there! Sometimes they don't have a sense of humor, but she chuckled. :)
  • Then I got a phone call from a lady in the insurance dept at the hospital we're delivering at. Anybody else get one of these calls? She confirmed a bunch of information, then told me how much I could expect to pay for my "normal" delivery. Get this, then she wants to collect the payment! What?! I told her, "Um, no. I think I'll wait 'till I deliver." Paying for a hospital stay before I stay? I think not.

4 comments:

  1. OH MAN! You haven't blogged in a while. I thought for sure you were having the baby. I am still trying to get my bills taken care of by the insurance company. I guess they don't want to pay for an emergency c-section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe it's THREE days before your due date! Any day now, haha, I'm sure you've heard that 5000 times. The anticipation is killing me, and I'm not the one carrying him! I can't wait to find out the news that he's finally HERE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the midwivery practice wanted me to do a payment plan as I went along, such that by the time I delivered it would all be done, um NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that call! We actually went ahead and paid them because once we'd paid them, we'd met the deductible and the rest was covered 100%. Luckily, we did since Judson ended up in the NICU! I don't think that stuff ever gets straightened out anyway!

    ReplyDelete