Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I think I probably have a lot of posts titled Misc.

But this one is that for sure!

I’m getting very excited to start using my Ergo carrier with James, but he’s not ready yet.  Without the infant insert (which I don’t have), babies should be around 4 mos before they’re ready.  James may be ready sooner; he seems to have pretty good head control/neck muscles.  I tried putting him in it the other day, but his biggest issue was his legs.  See how Natalie’s legs are kind of wrapped around me here?  PC181043

James isn’t ready for that.  He still likes the fetal kind of position when he’s resting against me.  This is sort of sitting.  Natalie LOVES riding in it though.  I don’t get much opportunity to carry her like this since she can walk and I need to hold James a lot.  But she’s been pretty clingy/needy, so I try to get some good Natalie snuggles in when I can.  James does love the Moby wrap, and I use it pretty often with him.  I haven’t use my sling much at all.  Even though it’s easier to get on and off, he doesn’t really like that laying down position.  Oh, the things I wish I’d known when I had Joanna.  She would have LOVED the Moby.

The girls have a book of Toy Story stickers, and somehow this one made it on to Matt.

It says “Star Command.”  I think that’s funny.  :)

PC181048

Natalie had one on her face yesterday that said “Enemy,” but I didn’t take a picture.  She is not my enemy.  :)  The girls sure love these sticker books from my mom (they also have a Disney princess one), but man they leave a lot of sticker trash around the living room!  I guess it’s a pretty decent trade off for them being entertained for a while.

This isn’t the best example of my extreme photography skill (ha!), but he just looked so cute.  This was in the Sanctuary at church on Sunday morning.  He’s wearing a little Christmas romper, which I’m glad he wore then since it’s 9 billion degrees here today, and we’re in shorts!

PC191051

I seem to have just gotten James’ clothes all organized in the bedroom, but now it’s time to begin switching to the next size!  I’m so so thankful that I don’t have to rush out and get anything.  We’ve been given lots of wonderful hand-me-downs that I can’t wait to really dig into!  In fact, this Christmas outfit was among them.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. when and where did you get the ergo?? and do you like it? is it worth paying for? I've heard both good and bad about it, but more good than bad. Is it pretty easy to get into and get the kid into? is it comfy? i need info, please!! message or email me! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned from Dr. Sears Baby Book how to make a sit pocket with a sling, so the baby ends up "sitting" on the bottom rail but back and neck are supported by the fabric and top rail - good for this age range. So many choices!

    ReplyDelete