Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh Roseola, we meet again

Poor James has been sick.  Last week he just wasn’t quite himself, then Thursday evening we noticed a little fever before he went to bed.  Then Friday I thought he was better, but then his fever went way up that evening so we brought him to the doctor Saturday morning.  The doc diagnosed a little ear infection and prescribed an antibiotic.  Honestly, I think that was just a coincidence (or a byproduct of the virus) because the antibiotic did not make him feel better at all.  He does think it’s horribly yucky though.  :)  Anyway he’s just been miserable – clingy, fussy, grumpy.  Over the weekend Tylenol would make him feel better but did little for his fever, poor little guy.  And it’s funny, his fever was always higher in the morning than when he went to bed.  That seems backward.  :) 

I think this was Monday afternoon.  I walked out of the bedroom after putting Natalie down for a nap and found James fast asleep on the floor.

P8012080

He had a good little nap there too!

P8012081

He’s been pretty much attached at the hip for several days.  I love my little attachment, but it’s too hot to be so close to anyone.  :)

We’ve still gone about our regular stuff.

P8022086

Hanging laundry and what not.

P8022088

This morning, he finally woke up without a fever – wahoo!  He’s still been a little more clingy and needy than usual, but soooo much closer to “normal” today!  He ate some, filled up his diaper, played a little.  And this evening we saw the spots.  Those tell-tale Roseola-ish virus spots.  I’m looking forward to Jamesie Boy getting back to normal in the next few days!  I hope we didn’t infect anyone; we haven’t been having so much fun.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment