James has been practicing his pulling up. He hasn’t gotten all the way there, but he’s enjoying the journey!
I read in the comments on a blog somewhere a lady liked to eat a fried egg on top of her pinto beans. YUM! So we gave it a try the other day for dinner. I defrosted then warmed up some leftover rice and beans, then fried some eggs in coconut oil for the top. We finished it off with a little shredded cheddar. We all LOVED this meal! The girls are not normally crazy about rice and beans. They’ll eat them, but they devoured these!
It reminded us of how we eat enchiladas at Grandma’s house – always with an egg on top!
Yesterday I just had a hankerin’ for homemade cookies so I hunted around for a recipe I liked. I knew I was going to use whole wheat, and I wanted a chocolate chip cookie, but I also wanted a little oatmeal in there for some meatiness. So, lo and behold I found a recipe for whole wheat chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. :) So I made them.
And they were good. :) They have a bit of a granola-bar-like taste, over the more sweet, slice-and-bake taste. I like ‘em but they’re not my favorite cookie. I have a couple of other recipes/methods I want to try soon. This recipe made about 5 dozen using my little cookie scoop. We baked one dozen and froze the rest. I love having cookie dough in the freezer!
I made a couple of little changes to the recipe (which I don’t usually do the first time making something) due to what I had on hand. I didn’t have regular ol’ oats around; all my oats were in their “instant” form. And I didn’t use quite the whole package of chocolate chips; I reserved about a half a cup to use for something else.
One reason I’m feeling very much like baking cookies lately is that I’m planning a “cookies and milk” party for James’ first birthday. I’ve seen so many cute ideas out there, and I just love the theme! It will probably be an after dinner party for extended family during the week. (Ya hear that everybody – how’s October 18th look on your calendars? Clear? Okay, write this down!) It will be kind of like a “cake and ice cream” party, except better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment