We’ve been trying to come up with fun things to do around the house lately. It’s just so stinkin’ hot, not that I’m much of a outside gal myself. Joanna especially is very ready for school to start, and she’s quite the grump when we have a boring day. Me, I could do chores, lay around, and snuggle all day long. Joanna needs stuff to do.
I sacrificed some beans from the pantry for some scooping/pouring/spilling fun.
The girls have gone crazy over this! I let them play in the kitchen so I can block it off if James is scooting around. And it’s easy to clean up.
I took a picture of what my kitchen looked like after they “played beans” today, but it’s still on the camera, which isn’t right here by my hand.
Monday I tinkered a bit with my sewing machine, and this time it was Natalie who joined me.
Isn’t she the cutest?!
Monday evening we had home group here, and there were nine kiddos in attendance! James was asleep (or sort of or not or supposed to be), but the others had such fun playing! I haven’t the slightest idea what we talked about in the study, but it’s fairly likely I wouldn’t have anyway – we’re studying Revelation. We attempted to quiet the very exited kiddos down a bit with a little Backyardigans (streamed from Netflix on the laptop – yay technology!). It totally worked for about 20 minutes, then most of them decided wild play was way more fun. :) Have you ever seen eight (poor Logan couldn’t fit on the couch!) cuter kids? They range in age from almost 2 1/2 to just turned 5. (Wow I just realized all those other kids were born in between the Rucker boys.
The girls LOVED being wild and crazy with their friends, and they slept really good that night!
Did you know that it’s only Wednesday?
The really hot days are the longest. Hmmmm…
We’re having a really good week so far though.
I can’t believe it’s almost midnight.
I am so going to regret this in the morning.
Actually it will be the Dr. Pepper at 7pm that I’ll regret.
Oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment