Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Monday

Today was a very enjoyable Monday at home!  I caught up on laundry and did some vacuuming today.  It feels good!  So even though the living room is a mess, I know all the laundry is folded, the dishes are done, and underneath everything, the carpet is clean.  :)

After helping me do a little work (or mostly just waiting for me to finish), the girls got to enjoy a fort in the living room! 

P8222272

Ever since Joanna saw the fort that Anton built for his little sisters, she’s been wanting us to build one.

P8222273

James enjoyed it too!

P8222276

Eventually it fell down, which is good, because I’m planning to watch some TV with the hubs in a little while.  That would have been hard with the fort up.  Unless, of course we were in the fort.

James woke up early this morning which meant his morning nap was early and then he really wanted to go down for his afternoon nap early.  The thought of that just made me sad, (I need some down time during the day!) so I tried extra hard to keep him happy until the point I could put the girls down too.

James LOVES to stand up, but he can’t get himself up on his own yet.  And he’s not exactly what I’d call sturdy.  :)

P8222279

He had a blast looking out the front window!

P8222286P8222289P8222298

And he really did do a good job of holding himself up.  He used his hands, his body, and sometimes his face to steady himself.

P8222301P8222306

Natalie wanted me to take her picture too, but she was between outfits.  So I took a close-up.

P8222303

I sure do love that little girl.

Speaking of her, she slept in panties last night… dry panties!  I guess that was too much dryness for her though because she had three accidents early in the day.  :)  One was very near the potty, which almost doesn’t count.  One was outside, which is just about the best place for one.  And one was in their bedroom.  Drat.  She’d done so well at avoiding the carpet!  We’re trying panties again tonight… we’ll see!  My plan for if she wakes up wet in the wee hours is just to put a diaper on her and let her sleep on the playroom couch.  We’ll clean everything up when it’s properly morning.  :)

Joanna just night trained sooooo easily that we never had to deal with a plan for frequent night accidents.  She was a bit older than teeny Natalie though.  If she trains easily like her sister, whew!  If not, that’s okay!  If she regularly wets, then we’ll just go back to diapers at night.  But if she just wets sometimes, I may start putting a large pad under her after she goes to sleep and laying out extra sleep stuff at the foot of her bed or something.  Just to make it easier during the night.  She really wants to wear panties to bed, which is the only reason we’re even messing with this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment