Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bluebonnets!!

   a day off for us
+ a day off for my mom
+ a pretty day
+ no major goose-eggs or facial mosquito bites
   a spur-of-the-moment trip to the little bluebonnet patch!

Just as we were getting stared the sun came out, which annoyed the children.  But a group was leaving as we were getting there, so even if we’d gotten there earlier, we wouldn’t have been able to get started.  And, just so you know, all the bluebonnet trampling you may see was done by them and not by us.  We are not tramplers.  :)

This, sadly, is the best of all three kiddos.

IMG_4797

And this may be the only smile I got out of James:

IMG_4798

Oh, and this one:

IMG_4807

I mostly got faces like this:

IMG_4809

But isn’t he the cutest stinkin’ thing ever?!!

IMG_4810IMG_4815

IMG_4816

After about 14 pictures my camera battery died.  I think maybe it doesn’t give any warning that it’s going to die until right before it does.  Or I missed it.  I can’t be sure.  :)

Fortunately my mother had her camera with her!!!

I could just SOP HIM UP WITH A BISCUIT!!!

DSCN1370

I tried to just get cute candid shots of the kiddos.

DSCN1373DSCN1375

James thought it was very funny that I was up on the hill:

DSCN1379

There’s my Joanna smile!

DSCN1384DSCN1388

It very clearly took a lot out of her.  :)

DSCN1390

Oh the drama!!

DSCN1391

A few sweet, non-smiling ones:

DSCN1392DSCN1396DSCN1398DSCN1402

What expression!!

DSCN1403

Then we started giving him goldfish, but they would only make him happy for the second it took to put it in his mouth.  Then he was crying again.  So my mom started throwing them to/at him, and it cheered him up a bit.

DSCN1406DSCN1408

Looking for goldfish:

DSCN1413

The girls had climbed up the hill and were sitting on a blanket.  I LOVE this shot!  You can zoom in on them and still see their faces pretty clearly, but I just love the shape of them up on the hill.

DSCN1414DSCN1417DSCN1418DSCN1420

Thanks Gran!

DSCN1421DSCN1423DSCN1424DSCN1426DSCN1429

DSCN1431

A fun, quick trip, with lunch at Gran’s house afterward – what a great day!

We also took Junior for a walk this morning and had great naps this afternoon.  Ahhhhh…

On a side note: it is ridiculous how sore I am from two teeny-tiny walks the past couple of days.  I’m hoping this has shamed me into doing a bit of exercising on a regular basis.  We’ll see…

Oh, and here is one of the posts from last year with links to all the posts from last year (I did four!) and previous years.  I love looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment