It was getting close to noon, so I cleaned up the kids (as best I could!), changed them back into clothes, and threw everything in the car.
James didn’t crash in the hour and half drive to Galveston, but on the ten minute trip from the beach to the restaurant…
I woke him up, hoping he’d still have an afternoon nap for me.
Joanna in Gran’s hat:
Natalie is so precious. :)
Mmmmmm…
This is the lunch at which James discovered dipping sauces.
His fries were merely a vessel for ketchup, shrimp sauce, and tartar sauce (his FAVORITE).
I wasn’t sure he was going to survive having to stop eating sauce, but he did okay. :)
It was looking much like rain, but we decided to ride the ferry before heading back home.
We were the last car on the boat, so we were at the perfect spot for feeding the seagulls and watching the ocean.
Just before this picture, that seagull to Joanna’s left grabbed a French fry from her hand. She’s so brave!
Hi Mr. Seagull!
Look it’s the first picture of me taken with my camera by someone else!! (Okay, actually the first one has James with his eyes half-closed, so this is the second.)
It started to sprinkle just before we got to the other side, so we stayed in our car for the ride back.
It was pretty awful getting home. The rain makes people stupid on the road I guess so it took forever. And James cried like he was being tortured through most of it. I think he slept for about 30 minutes, but that left about an hour and a half of screaming.
My mom says she’s not going back until he’s four. :)
I kind of can’t believe it, but this was actually Miss Natalie’s first trip to Galveston as well. We’re slackers. Poor middle child. She had lots of fun though!
The children all took turns sleeping on the way home. Natalie fell asleep at the end of the second ferry ride and woke up before we left the island. Joanna fell asleep after that for a bit, then James crashed when we got closer to home. If I could have reached Joanna, I’d have woken her up, but I know she was tired. When that child naps though, she’s not able to fall asleep at night before 10pm. Yuck!
All in all though, it was a great trip, and the kids had fun!
We’ll have to go back when it’s a bit warmer and let the kids chase the waves. Though I’m absolutely not doing that without at least three adults. Four if I want to take pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment