22 weeks
How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):
At 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a spaghetti squash), your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
How far along: 22 weeks
Pregnancy symptoms: aches and pains, heartburn, tiredness, (I thought my nausea was coming back yesterday, but it may have been a fluke – hopefully!)
Food Cravings: cinnamon roll, meat (like steaks and ribs), chocolate
Food Aversions: I haven’t had much in the way of aversions lately – wahoo! I’ll keep this category just in case something crops up.
Sleep: Overall pretty good. I wake up sore pretty often, but the actual sleep seems to be very deep and restful. The last two mornings I’ve woken very early (just before 5) and been unable to get back to sleep. :(
Measurement: about 45 inches around
Movement: Lots and lots! I’m pretty sure I feel B more than A, but they’re both pretty active in there. Both girls have felt the movement on the outside.
Labor signs: Occasional Braxton Hicks
What I miss: I officially really miss sleeping on my belly. And having a comfortable position for reading a book.
What I’m looking forward to: Cooler weather, though that would be the case preggers or not. :)
Milestone: Matt and I may actually be close on names for the boys! This would be a record for us.
Thoughts from the children: I love how supportive and helpful they are. Joanna is old enough to comprehend that carrying babies is HARD WORK! She’ll say things about how she’s ready for them to come so I will feel better. :) I love her. Though having two newborns in the house isn’t exactly going to be a cakewalk for any of us.
Doctor’s visit: I’ll have another at the end of next week.
Other thoughts: I definitely already look huge these days. :) I don’t mind, but I’m a little worried about my poor body over the next few months! I have to laugh when people ask me when I’m due and I have to say November – yowza!
A wonderful friend gave me the gift of a professional house cleaning today, and it feels amazing. I worked yesterday on getting everything picked up, decluttered, and put away, so today the house really is as clean as it can be! I hope we can maintain it for a little while at least. I am so much more calm and at peace when my surroundings are clean and picked up.
Baby-related projects:
I’m putting this on the list kind of after the fact: Work on potty training James. Hallelujah that boy is doing so so well!Clean up/organize the girls’ room to make space for eventual James.Go to IKEA. Look at and possibly purchase the Kura low loft bed and shallow mattress for the girls. **I’ve been putting this off since it is logistically hard, but we are ready to get this done!Move the majority of the toys into the main living area to make space for sleeping and clothes in the bedrooms.I still need to sort through and organize the books, which are in a giant pile on the floor.- Do some research on the best sleeping arrangements for newborn twins. *So, I’ve done a little bit of reading!
- Figure out number of diapers that would be ideal for the babies.
Pick out infant car seats.We haven’t purchased them yet, but we picked ‘em out!- Organize James’ closet. (This is where the not-in-use clothes live as well as a lot of baby things, and it’s a super-pit.)
Shop for a king sized bed. We really really really really want one. :) But the logistics and expense may mean this isn’t the best time.Tinker with a baby registry. We don’t need much, but I have started putting some things on an Amazon registry when I think about them- Pull the baby boy clothes from the attic and take inventory.
Reconvert the double stroller back to a double stroller from a sit-n-stand.I did it and it was easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment