Monday, July 29, 2013

25 Weeks

IMG_0409 1

25 weeks

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

How far along: 25 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: heartburn, tiredness, aches and pains everywhere

Food Cravings: Chinese food (I blame you Heather Pence:)), ice cream, ice water

Food Aversions: I haven’t had much in the way of aversions lately – wahoo!  I’ll keep this category just in case something crops up.

Sleep: It’s not too bad lately.  I’ve only had one night recently that I was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night.  I wake up a lot to visit the bathroom or make Matt stop snoring, but I’m usually able to fall quickly back to sleep.

Measurement: about 47.5 inches around

Movement: Lots!

Labor signs: Occasional Braxton Hicks

What I miss: Laying on my belly, getting comfortable in any position

What I’m looking forward to: going through the baby boy clothes, cool weather

Milestone: Well, I’m 50 weeks pregnant!  If you add up 25 weeks with each little boy.  :)

Thoughts from the children: Nothing specific is coming to mind; they’re all just so sweet and supportive about the babies.

Doctor’s visit: Not for a coupleish more weeks

Other thoughts: I’m feeling a bit third-trimestery lately.  I’m not officially there yet, but my uterus is!  I feel very much like I did at the end with all the pregnancies, and I may (hopefully!) have as many as 13 weeks left.  That is kind of a long time.  :)  I very much hope that I’ll be able to carry them until 38 weeks or very close or until they’re totally done baking, even though it will be hard.  I’m to the point where I really need to rest A LOT, but there’s also just so much to do.  After this week, the “busy” part of our summer should be over, and we can begin to settle into a fall routine, filled with bits of rest for the momma.

Baby-related projects:

  • I’m putting this on the list kind of after the fact: Work on potty training James.  Hallelujah that boy is doing so so well!
  • Clean up/organize the girls’ room to make space for eventual James.
  • Go to IKEA.  Look at and possibly purchase the Kura low loft bed and shallow mattress for the girls.  **I’ve been putting this off since it is logistically hard, but we are ready to get this done!
  • Move the majority of the toys into the main living area to make space for sleeping and clothes in the bedrooms. I still need to sort through and organize the books, which are in a giant pile on the floor.
  • Do some research on the best sleeping arrangements for newborn twins.  *I’m currently planning to use a standard sized pack and play with the newborn “shelf” in it for our bedroom when they’re bitty.  If we discover they don’t sleep well with each other, we can always switch to two pack and plays or just use the cribs.
  • Figure out number of diapers that would be ideal for the babies.  **I think at this point we’ll just get a few more newborn sized diapers and then wait and see what works when they come.
  • Pick out infant car seats.
  • Organize James’ closet.  (This is where the not-in-use clothes live as well as a lot of baby things, and it’s a super-pit.) 
  • Shop for a king sized bed.  We really really really really want one.  :)  But the logistics and expense may mean this isn’t the best time.
  • Tinker with a baby registry.  We don’t need much, but I have started putting some things on an Amazon registry when I think about them
  • Pull the baby boy clothes from the attic and take inventory.
  • Possibly get some maternity/family pictures made.  Need to find someone wonderful and affordable and look more into this.  **I think most of my hesitation around scheduling something like this is just how so stinkin’ hot it is outside, with cool weather too far down the line.
  • Wash, dry, fold, put away the newborn-3 months clothes.  **I may do this very soon, or I may wait until we’re a bit closer.  The boys are going to use the cubbies as their “dresser” which means the clothes will be kind of out and mess-with-able by the big kids, so I’m not sure I’m ready to get them organized yet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment