I’m pretty behind on blogging, but I have been taking pictures here and there and putting them in a folder to eventually post. Today is the day! It will be a mish-mash of pics for sure!
A few weeks ago I took some pictures during a Musikgarten class for use on the website. This one of James is sweet, but you can’t tell what’s going on at all. :) I could just look into those eyes forever!
One day we went with Christiana to Keely’s cupcakes for a treat. The girls both got mint chocolate chip, and they liked ‘em!
Natalie had me scrape most of the icing off the top of hers though – that’s my girl!
James was in a very happy place with his cupcake. A big chunk of it actually fell on the ground and he completely lost it. He was so sad! {And I actually picked it up, scraped off the dirt, and let him finish… third child.}
On Father’s Day the kiddos gave Matt all their goodies they’d made in school and Sunday school and wherever else for him.
BEST PICTURE EVER!!
Natalie painted Matt a car at school (pink and purple of course!)
I think James made this for Matt in the nursery sometime the week before. On Father’s Day, he just about wouldn’t let Daddy have it; he carried it everywhere with him!
Totally unrelated but taken at the same time. This is a heating pad my mom made for me at Christmas time that I discovered works just as wonderfully as a cold pack. James is styling it just how I wear it A LOT!
We have this dresser (which is likely older than me) in our dining room. The drawers are miserable in it – the runner things are super worn out, so a while back I took them out and found baskets around the house and fit just perfectly in the spaces! We keep the kids’ craft supplies in the baskets, but it was pretty disorganized all the time. I wanted to make labels for the baskets but kept putting it off for one reason or another. I just decided the other day to go ahead and do it, keep it simple, and get it done!
First I organized all the contents and made a list of what was in each basket/drawer. I wrote each category on a sticky label then stuck the labels on colored cardstock. I cut each little rectangle out and laminated them. I easily could have skipped that step, but they will last longer this way, and I love using my little laminator. :) Then I punched a hole in the top and tied a tag to each basket with some string. Joanna is the only child who can read the labels, but she is usually the one putting the supplies away, so it works. Adding pictures was one step I just didn’t feel up to, though I could easily add them to the back any ol’ time.
At one point my Aunt Gail was in town, and she, my grandma, Mom, the kids, and I went to Red Lobster to eat. I deeply deeply deeply deeply love fried shrimp (and everything else there), so I was a very happy girl! The kids got to touch a live lobster on the way out! (Well, Natalie wouldn’t do it.)
I think this was that same day (I’m using clothing clues here). :) James fell asleep on the way back home and my mom brought him in and snuggled him for a little bit. When she had to go, she just put him on the couch, and he stayed asleep. Tired boy!
A week ago Saturday Matt and I bought a king-sized mattress! {And then I came home and frantically pulled stuff from under the bed and vacuumed before it could be delivered!}
Joanna is modeling for us. It is so tall that I’m probably going to need a stepstool before the end of this pregnancy. :)
That same day the extremely wonderful Aunt Mindy and Uncle Steve came over to watch the kids for hours so Matt and I could go to Ikea with an empty van. Our mission was to look at and then most likely buy this bed for Joanna. (And can you believe I didn’t walk out of there with anything else?!) I’m proud of me too.
It is just perfect for their room. It’s a low loft bed, so I don’t feel like they’re going to kill themselves getting in and out of it, and there’s just enough space to tuck James’ toddler bed underneath. The original plan was to put a twin mattress from the daybed under there for Natalie, ditch the daybed, and put James’ bed on the other side of the room. And I was okay with that plan. But I really do like the daybed, and figure we will want it at some point in the future. And we discovered that both big beds actually fit okay in there, especially since all the toys have been relocated to the living room anyway. I really need to beg/borrow/steal a wide-angle lens to show off the rooms once they’re all kind of set up.
Did I mention this was going to be a long post? No? Oh, well… sorry.
We like sitting in the balcony at church since I feel like we’re a little less distracting up there.
But last week I discovered how very difficult it is for me to sit in the balcony these days, so we’ll probably be on the main floor for a few months. :) I can’t go the whole hour without visiting the ladies room, and sometimes neither can the kids, and more than one trip up the stairs on any given morning is too many!
I haven’t been great about making the kids have “rest” time in their rooms lately. We’ve gone to my mom’s house some, watched movies some, and who knows what else, so I’ve kind of had to re-train them to be good at it again. If I really am desiring quiet, I put Joanna in her room, James in the nursery room, and Natalie in the entryway. Where two or more are gathered, there is much noise and sometimes screaming.
But with nobody to keep him distracted, James might just scream for awhile, curl up on the floor, and fall asleep.
Makes for a cute picture though!
No comments:
Post a Comment