Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Day of Summer “School!”

Up at the church they’re having a summer school session this month two days a week, and we are taking part!  I’m teaching a little bit of music in the mornings, then taking off to come home while the kiddos enjoy their day with friends!  Day one and it’s kind of perfect.  I do love lazing around the house and having nowhere to be, but the kids need just a bit of social interaction and getting out of the house.  :)  And it is SO HOT that it’s good to have some fun things to do inside!

We don’t have to be there until 9:30, which is really the earliest possible time I can get anywhere these days, even when we’re all up early (and we were all up plenty early, let me assure you.)

We did have some time to try and capture a shot of all my babies ready for school this morning!

I love the expressions on their faces in this one, but the focus is a little soft.

IMG_0286

I love this one too, and it’s sharper.

IMG_0287

My babies are soooooooooo beautiful!

Even their feet!

IMG_0285

When we got to the church another mother took a picture of all of us (with my little camera).  It is SO HOT AND HUMID outside that my lens fogs up… often.  I think there was also that kind of cool sun haze thing going on as well.  So we’ll call this one artsy.  :)

IMG_0303

They’re offering pizza for lunch everyday, and my kids are going to enjoy every bit of that!  I figure two days a week of pizza for four weeks is better than losing my sanity 8 times as I pack lunches.  :)  I also bought individually packaged snacks so I can just toss them in the bag.  Mucho sanity saver for sure!!

The hardest part of the day was picking them up at 2:30.  Not because it was time for them to come home, but because the heat index was like 104, and that is too high for me.  :)  I melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment