Saturday, October 18, 2008

A few things from the past week...

My friend Kathy (all the way back to 6th grade!) and her son Josh came over for a little play date Thursday afternoon. They live in South Carolina currently, and we don't get to see them enough. At first Josh and Joanna were a little wary of each other. I believe Joanna was about 6 weeks old last time they saw each other. Although we do keep up with their blog (The Lewtons). However, by the end of the playday, they were fast friends! They played very sweetly together. Josh shared his froggy truck and Joanna shared her trains and Kathy and I got to chat while our kiddos were entertained. Yea! I may have mentioned this, but I think Joanna's favorite Sesame Street character is Cookie Monster. I'm not really sure why. She doesn't say his name, but she has a specific mouth motion for when she sees or hears him. (It's kind of like she's saying "yum, yum, yum" very quickly with her mouth closed. Cookie Monster says this on one toy that we have. Anyway, my mom painted this pumpkin for Joanna!
Speaking of pumpkins, do you remember that blue one Joanna painted a little while back? Well, it died... or was eaten... or both. It was soooooo gross. I know that pumpkins do not last forever. Trust me; I've been there. I know this. But I wasn't looking for decaying pumpkins yet. I didn't think I'd had it that long! We had it on the mantle. Oh, it was awful. First there was this smell that I finally figured out was the dead and decaying pumpkin. Fortunately my wonderful husband was home and took care of it for me. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it. Ewww ewww ewwwwww! The other little pumpkin we got at the SAME TIME is perfectly fine, but now of course outside.
We had play day at Caleb's house on Friday. Caleb has a new little sister, Callie (hence the baby swing). Joanna thought the baby swing was very cool. I tried to keep her out of it as best I could -- I'm pretty sure they're not for toddlers. Although Kim did tell me that the weight limit is 25lbs, which Joanna may just barely be. I think she's a little under that. Phew! We did not break the swing! I'm also pretty sure Caleb has already tried it out, too.
And finally, I am 28 weeks pregnant! My sister has been seriously bugging me for a "pregnant blog shot." HERE YOU GO! I keep giving her the excuse of I don't have makeup on and my hair is grody. I'll never post a picture with that excuse! Here is one we took this evening after Ren Fest. So not only is my hair grody, my whole person is grody; I'm sunburned, and I look really tired!
But seriously Kathryn, thank you for bugging me about it. I do want to keep up with my "Preggo Shots."
Matt and I took 150 pictures today at the Rennaisance Festival, so I will go through them, post the best, and tell you all about our day! Hopefully I will do this soon -- it may actually be tonight because for whatever reason, I'm feeling very awake. Could be the Dr. Pepper I had this afternoon...

1 comment:

  1. Thank for the preggo shot--FINALLY!!! I will stop bothering you about it now!!! I love you all!! --Aunt Kathryn

    ReplyDelete