Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Park!

Friday morning I did my good mommy outdoor thing for the, oh month or so. :) We went to the park. We drove, but it still counts as outdoorsy. I must be honest with you: the last time I took Joanna to the park, she wasn't walking. Yes, I know, this is sad. But it was really hot this summer! Anyway, poor Joanna had missed school all week (where they do go outside), had no fun nursery time, and has not gotten to play with any kiddos. It was definitely time for a trip out to play. And it was BEAUTIFUL outside.
Here's Joanna getting reaquainted with Mr. Duck. Up the stairs.
But the more preferred method -- up the slide.
Oh, this child loves to swing! I took a bunch of pictures because I kept getting this fabulous "pure bliss" grin from her.
Joanna LOVES to swing, but guess what? I can't. Well, I can, but I get motion sickness so it's not any fun. It's silly, but I can ride roller coasters as scary as they come, but merry-go-rounds and swings...nope.
This shot cannot not make you smile:
Riding the duck.
Dismounting the duck.
Oh boy, a really big stick!
Just chillin', playing with pinecones.
Ah.... playing in the mulch. What a joy!
She loved running around and climbing. Again, the child has NO FEAR so I had to work extra hard to stay right with her. I'm just not ready for her to go down the giant slide BY HERSELF! I think Daddy may have to come with us next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment