For whatever reason today, Joanna did not want to go down for a nap. (Not that she ever takes a particularly good one; she just usually will go down for them without too much trouble). She was playing really sweetly, enjoying Daddy time, but it was time for a little snooze. Matt layed her down, and she cried and cried and cried. Then after several minutes we hear a little click of the door handle, and "hi!" She was so pleased to have finally defeated the door knob. We have levered handles on the bedroom doors, and she's been able to open them from the outside (the non-sticky ones) where she pulls down and pushes in, but so far she hadn't been able to push down and pull the door open. Oh, well. So, when she figured out I was going to try to put her back in bed, oh the waterworks! We snuggled for a minute, then I told her she could take a nap with Daddy if she wanted. She's there now. Lately that child has become such a Daddy's girl. When she wakes up in the morning, she asks about him, if she sees his car or his stuff, she asks about him. Today I picked her up in the nursery, and they tell me she's been asking about Daddy. So a Daddy snap (remember: snuggle-nap) on the weekend is a very good thing. And, she may even end up sleeping longer than a regular-old bed nap.
I think because I read this post shortly before I went to bed is why I had a dream about Abby doing something similar. What's the plan now...do you lock her in there? :-)
ReplyDeleteIt may not be as big of a deal to you, but when Josh does this, it's just him being defiant, so I give him a warning once...I tell him if he gets out a second time, he gets a spanking. Usually he does. So after I spank him and put him back in bed, I tell him that if he gets up again, he has to go in his "baby bed", aka his pack-n-play. Since he loves his big boy bed, sometimes this works...otherwise, I put him in the baby bed and at least he knows he did wrong and I don't have to keep putting him back in bed or spanking him. Don't know if it would work with your kid, but I thought I'd share my wisdom, such as it is.
ReplyDelete