Thursday, October 2, 2008

You'd Think it was Christmas Around Here

How, you ask? Well, first by the abundance of NEW TOYS we have. I know; it's not her birthday. It's not Christmas, or Hannukah, or even Easter. It's just September (or it was a couple of days ago). And Joanna needed some new stuff. Her birthday is so close to Christmas that we didn't really get to spread out the gift giving. We tend to cluster holidays around here. I don't know how this happens exactly, but my birthday is usually a week or so from Mother's day, Matt's and my birthdays are only a month apart. Our anniversary is 4 days from Valentine's Day. We, however have NOTHING in the fall. Whatever. So, here are Joanna's "new" things:
Legos and a lego table. Yea! So far her favorite part is taking apart the legos; we're still working on building. The new baby and the new ball. She LOVES these things.
New train set.
Matt playing with new train set. You should've seen his face when he discovered the tunnel. It was pretty cute.Our new table from IKEA. Joanna doesn't do much here yet, but she has eaten her snacks here a couple of times.
The other reason you'd think it was Christmas is because I FINISHED WRAPPING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS TODAY! Yes, I know it's just the first of October and I'm very early, but I want you to stop and think about what I will be up to in December. My due date is January 8th, so at the very least we'll be getting ready for Baby Sister. At the most, of course, she could be here! Anyway, I still have Matt and Joanna to shop for (the most difficult and most fun, in that order!), but all my other gifts are wrapped with bows and everything in my closet. Whew! I took pictures, but you can't see them because many of you out there will get presents from us and I don't want you to know what they look like 'till Christmas!
My mother grabbed Joanna the other day and made pigtails! (Ignore the clean but unfolded laundry in the background; obviously I do not have my husband well enough trained). :)
I LOVE the way she looks in her little pigtails! Unfortunately, they only last a couple of minutes so I've only done them a couple of times since it's kind of a lot of work for her to pull them out so fast. Maybe with some practice they'll grow on her.
!!!
Last Friday we had play day here. The girls loved looking out the window at the men and trucks picking up our storm debris.

Joanna, Abby, and Anna mesmerized by the big truck.

Later that day...
Joanna loves looking out when her daddy is coming home. She gets so excited! (He was cleaning out the back of my van which is why he's pushing the stroller).
Joanna's day at school:
Note from the teachers. I know I'm the only dorky mom who takes a picture of this, but I DON'T CARE! I want to remember it later!
We did not get to bring Joanna's ark picture home. Wanna know why? IT'S HANGING OUTSIDE IN THE HALLWAY! Isn't she such a brilliant artist?!
After I picked her up, she had to help me load media shouts on the computers:
Hmmmm.... maybe the keys fit here.
Climbing the stairs to the booth in the sanctuary. Aren't her jeans just too cute?! I think they make her look so tall.
That's it for now -- I'll ramble later, but I'm late for Women's Ensemble!

No comments:

Post a Comment