Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ew, yuck, and blech

This morning my older daughter Joanna woke up a little after 7:00 crying. Usually the first thing I hear from her is noises, so crying is a little unusual, at least for lately. I was feeding Natalie, so I made Joanna wait for a little while. When I went in at about 7:30, I smelled a definite dirty diaper, which probably explained the crying. Well, it was dim in there, but I noticed Joanna was rolling something around in her hand. I may not have to spell it out for you, but that something was POOP! Ew, yuck, and blech!!! She was still fully dressed; she had just reached down the back of her diaper for a little poop. Recently she has started reaching down the back of her diaper, which I holler at her for. I know what you may be thinking -- Maybe she IS ready to potty train. Who knows. So I pulled her up to the changing table, admonishing her all the time for playing with her poop. Then I had to give her a bath, cause, well, ewwwww!
The poor child had to go to school today without her blanket (which really is her lovey). I hope she didn't miss it! That reminds me, I need to put the clothes in the dryer.

4 comments:

  1. Fun...and disgusting!! Josh has never really done that, but I've caught him scratching his hiney inside his diaper once or twice recently. Yikes...what a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Aidan has actually done something similar to that once. And, thank goodness, only once! I think we freaked out enough about it that he was determined never to do it again. If only that worked on other things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She takes after me more and more everyday!!! -Aunt Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is not going to thank you one of these days for posting such private information. Can't a girl have any privacy?

    ReplyDelete