Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Goodness gracious

Take a look at the daily report from Mother's Day Out for Joanna from yesterday:It may be too small to read, but beside the big blue sticker, it says, "Joanna pooped in the potty -- Yea!!! We are so proud!"
Nuh unh. Apparantly Joanna was kind of holding her bottom and her teacher asked if she wanted to go potty. Well, of course she did, going potty is fun! Miss Joan said it wasn't the whole job, but she went in the potty. Oh my goodness. The particularly funny thing is that on Monday when Aunt Gail and Jade were over, Aunt Gail kept taking Joanna to the potty. She keeps asking me to go, but I'm pretty sure she's really NOT ready, it's just fun. And I'm not ready! Hello, 10 day old baby in the house!
Speaking of Natalie, her cord thingy fell off yesterday! I think it was a little early, but I remember Joanna's coming off early, too. I'd have to look up exactly when. I kept snagging poor Natalie's on her clothes, and even though I folded down the diaper, it kinda rubbed on it. Oh, well. I think she'll live. :)
Both of my children are asleep right now, for the first time, well... maybe ever, so I'm going to go take advantage of that.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! YAY Joanna! Josh doesn't poop in the potty...once or twice it's happened while he was peeing on accident, but NEVER on purpose!
    Anyway, Josh's cord stump fell off when he was about 7 days old, I think, so it must not be too bad. He's had a perfect and cute belly button ever since!! I remember it falling off when I was changing him at the International Bazaar on base, and I'm pretty sure it was on Saturday, so that would have made him a week old exactly...might have been Friday, though. So I don't think 10 days is early at all. At least not to my knowledge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZY!! I am impressed!! I have heard that sometimes after baby brother or sister comes home and older brother or sister sees them in diapers too, potty training can happen very quickly. And, sometimes they will do it basically on their own. Maybe you are one of those lucky moms! :)

    ReplyDelete