Joanna got this book for Christmas from her Nana and Popo, and she LOVES it. I think part of the reason she loves it so much is how Daddy reads it -- he gets very into it! It's by David Carter, who does a lot of pop-up books. This one's not a pop-up, but it's not a plain ol' 2 dimensional book either. It's got these cut outs that fancy it up. Joanna always says "puppy!" when she's asking for it.
Natalie's first visit to the doctor's office! She was pronounced absolutely perfect. Okay, he may not have said perfect, but I know that's what he meant!
Our first bath at home! She liked being naked, cold, and wet about as much as you'd think. You can see the top of Joanna's head in the picture -- she was helping me.
A Mommy and Natalie shot after the bath.
Matt and Natalie (yup that's her in the blanket) crashed out in the chair.
A cutie shot of Natalie in pink and brown
Daddy and Natalie with our yard sign:
Mommy and Joanna with the sign. The next visitor that comes over is going to be recruited to take a picture of all of us!
This morning was our usual play date time, and Lisa invited Joanna to come (even without her parents!). So Matt dropped her off and was able to get some man-errands done (haircut and oil change). When he got back home we decided to all go pick Joanna up together. I didn't take any pics while we were there, but Joanna was having such a good time! There were lots of kiddos to play with, and even some babies to play big sister with. When we got in the car to come home, I realized that it was our first trip with both girls in the backseat!
Natalie was fussing on the way home, and we could hear Joanna softly shhhing her to soothe her -- so precious!
Joanna's at a pretty tough age, even without a new baby around. She's got that whole "I'm two and I need to do things my way" attitude. It's really neat to see her independence come out and watch her do things for herself. It's just tough to find that balance (on her end and mine) with all of that. She needs structure and she needs some room to become independent. We had a lovely afternoon together, though. Natalie slept a lot and Joanna played so sweetly! At one point, she found one of Natalie's swaddle blankets and attempted to wrap herself up in it. Daddy helped a little and they snuggled together in the chair. It was so sweet. It is precious to watch her soothe her baby dolls, animals, and Little People. She has the shush and sway thing down -- it took me longer, I'm sure!
I think this is just cute -- she's clutching the pacifier and snuggled into a blanket.
Other cute Joanna things:
- She says "bless you" and "I love you." It just melts my heart to hear.
- She has a heavy sigh, especially after she hears yours.
- Sometimes she'll ask for help up off the floor! I guess she's seen Mommy do that a lot lately!
- She likes to throw and catch kisses. She keeps asking for more, and eventually I have to cut her off.
And all day yesterday at play group, no matter what I asked Joanna, she always shook her head yes. Such an agreeable little girl :) Your daughters are precious, and I love all your updates!
ReplyDelete