I won't post pictures of the cake today, but you'll see it in the birthday pictures in the next couple of days. My bread didn't rise again, so I think I'll try a different recipe next time. I think it will still be tasty, though!
The cake was cooling, the bread was baking, and the children were sleeping (or not), and something posessed me to make tortillas from scratch. I did an internet search and clicked on this website. There are written directions then a video underneath. The recipes are actually different, and I used the one in the video. It was really simple, but pretty time consuming, rolling all those little tortillas out and cooking each one on the skillet. A giant griddle would be helpful for this, I think. Sadly, I did not take a picture of my tortillas. They sure weren't round, but they were yummy! The recipe called for 4 cups of all purpose flour; I used about 1 cup whole wheat (it was laying around after the bread making) and the rest all purpose. I think I could increase the whole wheat amount next time.
Here's my little helper rolling out the tortillas.
zuchinni goes well in a tortilla too. wow homemade tortillas - very impressive!
ReplyDeleteI have that same rolling pin! I'm also very impressed that you made tortillas! I'm afraid that if I made them, I'd just end up eating them ALL myself!
ReplyDelete