Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Natalie!

Technically Natalie isn't one yet; I'm writing this Sunday evening. But it won't post until Monday at the time she was born, so when you're reading it, she's already ONE!!!
Ah, how time flies...
I hope to do a photo shoot tomorrow in the backyard or something, but it's going to be a busy day! Poor Natalie has to have her one year check up actually on her birthday! Okay, she doesn't actually HAVE to, but it's the best day this week for Mommy. :) She doesn't know. I'm really hoping she doesn't have any bad reactions from her immunizations, since she has a PARTY tomorrow night! We're not doing anything fancy, just cake and ice cream after dinner with some family. I think it will be nice. My house really needs a good cleaning. House fairy? Ohhhh, Houuuussseee Faaiiirrryy.... where aaarrreee youuuuuuuu?
No answer.
Oh, well. I'd better just do it myself. :) But first,
Natalie...
-can take a few steps in a row, but isn't really ready to walk far. She knows that crawling is faster.
-mostly just likes to take steps with her right foot, which may be why she knows that crawling is faster. :)
-loves to "clean." See the next couple of pictures. She saw me cleaning, grabbed a sock from the laundry pile, and went to town!

-likes climbing pretty much everywhere. I think I had to help her out of this box, but she was happy in it for awhile, with her view.
-has recently discovered "Joanna's" princess chair. She KNOWS she's a princess, too.
Did you see the little toe sticking up? She is so stinkin' cute.
-laughs like crazy when I curl my tongue.
-moves her tongue back and forth in her mouth to make a funny sound.
-still really loves driving the cozy coupe, and has fewer car accidents these days.
-is VERY picky when it comes to finger foods. Anybody got suggestions?
-follows Joanna around everywhere.
-is not happy unless Joanna is around.
-likes emptying and filling things (e.g. a bucket of toys or books)
-is wearing size 12 month and size 18 month clothes. Everything fits pretty well in the waist (actually haven't tried 18 month jeans yet), but the 18 month stuff is long yet.
-wears size 3 diapers.
-may have eczema like her sister.
-is quite a climber.
-amazingly, didn't really mess with the Christmas trees.
-"talks" a lot.
-signs "more," "clean up," and "all done." More is her favorite. She uses it for lots of things, including "milk," "no thank you, I'd like something else please," and "I need something, but I'm not sure what it is."
-LOVES to do Pat-a-cake. She "asks" for it all the time. It's very cute.
-isn't as great a sleeper as her big sis... yet, anyway. Part of this is sabotage by me. Early on, I responded pretty fast when she cried so as not to wake Joanna. She knows this. She goes down pretty well at night but is up early, at unpredictable times between about 5am and 6:45am. I really like the latter. She sleeps by the wall next to the bathroom Matt gets ready in; I think she can hear him. I wish she slept a little more soundly. I'm hoping that weaning will bring a little change in the morning routine. It did with Joanna. We'll see.
-takes two naps, usually only 30-45 minutes each.
-has 6 teeth: 4 in the middle on top, 2 in the middle on bottom.
-will likely get her first taste of cow's milk tomorrow.
-needs to start drinking out of a cup well... soon. We just need to work on it more.
-very gently, without drawing too much attention to herself, drops food on the floor that she doesn't want to eat. These include: all vegetables, eggs, cheese.
-does like any kind of fruit, crackers, rice cakes, waffles, pancakes, toast (sometimes), grilled cheese (sometimes), and anything pureed and mixed up. Yum. :)
-is just so stinkin' cute.
-knows she's just so stinkin' cute. :)
-is very well loved by her Momma, Daddy, and big sister.
-is ONE today!

No comments:

Post a Comment