Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baking Day

I made a couple loaves of bread today.  They look very yummy!  I didn’t take pictures.  I need to, though.  Matt’s mom and dad gave us a deli slicer they’d had but didn’t use.  It’s PERFECT for slicing the bread!

While it was rising, I made some more pizza dough for dinner.  I stuck it in the fridge because we weren’t quite ready to eat.

Then I made a batch of popcorn chicken.  Mine ended up more like chicken nuggets, though.  I froze them to reheat later for lunch.  Yum.  (Hopefully, anyway!)

After the bread baked, I made pizza.  This is just the standard recipe out of the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, the whole wheat version.  It’s actually about 1/2 and 1/2 whole/all purpose.  Anyway, I topped it with homemade pizza sauce, spinach, chicken, and mozzarella cheese.P1301088 P1301091

Boy howdy they were good.  We have almost a whole pizza left for lunch tomorrow.  Everybody ate and ate, even Natalie!  She thought that pizza was even better than the FRUIT on her tray.  I have to admit, I patted myself on the back a little for that.  And also when Joanna ate the top off of her pizza, but then ate the crust all by itself!

Then I had to call my dad ‘cause he makes homemade pizza that I request all the time.  Then he told me to check my email:

dad snow 1Recognize this car?  It’s my step-mom’s van that I borrowed back when I was pregnant with Natalie.  And it’s covered in snow! dad snow 2

This is part of their backyard.  See all those icicles?  Wow.  I wish I was there, except it would be pretty hard to get there… and get home.  So pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Girl...you are just awesome! Keep up the good work! That pizza looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is covered in snow and ice up here...it's very pretty but aweful!!! I will post some pics on my facebook soon! I have had to boil water twice to pour in front of my tires to get out of the parking lot! Love you, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete