Monday, January 25, 2010

Flowers, Friends, and Fashion

Aren't they precious? I'm amazed to pronounce that my old, cut flowers have bloomed! This pic is a few days old, and there are a couple more blooms in addition to this one. Unbelieveable, if you ask me.
Friday evening the Vandenberge girls came over for dinner and to play. We ate, played, then put Natalie down to bed. The big girls climbed onto the couch for a little Cinderella. Joanna is very in to the Disney Princesses right now. It's a good thing I'm a pack-rat and I still have lots of Disney movies on VHS. :)
Recently I have been the recipient of some clothes! Around Christmas my Aunt Ida was given some clothes, some of which she passed on to her girls, some of which she passed on to me! It is wonderful to have jeans that fit! Then a few weeks ago a friend loaned me some pants that don't currently fit her. I finally feel like I have a wardrobe in this size. I hope I stay here for a while...
Then Saturday my wonderful sister-in-law invited me over to "shop" in the stuff she'd cleaned out of her closet. Take a look at what I brought home!
I LOVE being given clothes. Not only is it way cheaper than actually shopping :) but I end up with things I might not normally buy but actually look good on me! A friend passed along some clothes to Joanna last week as well, mostly summer stuff. Baby Daze is this week at the church, but I'm not sure the girls actually need any clothes! I love hand-me-downs!

1 comment:

  1. They are precious. We miss you.

    -Kara and Carlos

    ReplyDelete