Saturday, January 30, 2010
Before I forget...
Yesterday morning, Friday January 29th at about 6:45am, was the last time Natalie nursed. I knew it was coming, but I miss it. I won't swear it won't happen again in the next day or so, but I find it unlikely. She's a little grumpy about it sometimes, especially because she's congested and snargley, but I think stopping now is for the best! I wouldn't have stopped while she was sick if I was planning it, but it just happened. She skipped one morning because she woke up later and had breakfast instead. Then she skipped last night. I would have probably just kept nursing her, I just know that stopping now is so much less hassle than stopping in a few months or more. It's not so personal now. We've been just doing morning and evening for a little while now, almost since her birthday. So she skipped last night, then woke up at a reasonable hour this morning. I asked Matt to just feed her breakfast (I slept in!!). She actually asked for it a couple of times today. She finally figured out the milk sign, and "no I don't want that crap in the cup, Mommy." Actually, she likes cold milk in a cup, and water, and juice. I think she just really wanted some snuggles today, and that's her favorite way to get them, you know? I'm so impressed with how well she drinks out of a cup. It seems like it took Joanna forever to get it. I nursed Joanna a little longer, just about a month, but she was so much smaller, and didn't drink well or much out of a cup. I had to give her those nipple-like Nuby cups forever (okay, not forever, but it felt like it) before she figured out the valve thing. I think having a big sister has helped Natalie in this respect. She just gets it. And she finds Joanna's cups laying around to try out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment