Saturday, December 18, 2010

James is Two Months Old!

Yesterday James had his two month check up with Dr. Harper.  I ended up taking Joanna also since she was complaining of her ear hurting and I made ‘em fit her in.  :)

I forgot crayons (bad Mommy!), so I had to write with pencil on the bed paper.  I like this “superman” pose.

PC170974 PC170975

His stats:

height: 23.5 inches (50th percentile)

weight: 11lbs 13oz (75th percentile)

head circumference: 15.75 inches (50th percentile)

He’s perfect!

(A little comparison:  Joanna was 8 lbs 8 oz at 2 months; Natalie was 10 lbs 2.5 oz)

He should have gotten three shots and an oral vaccine, but they were out of one.  In hindsight, I should have waited on all of them so I only have to make him crazy once, but I didn’t think of it.  The oral vaccine actually made him the most mad!  I remember the girls both took it fine, but he screamed and choked and coughed, but we got it down him, poor kid.

PC170984

Dr. Harper said he looked great, and the only thing he had to say contrary to my mothering was regarding sleep.  He wants him to move out of our room sooner than later.  Okay.  I guess the reason we hadn’t moved him yet was because our current situation is still working!  He usually sleeps a good stretch – 5 or 6 hours somewhere in the night, but it often up for a while before or after that.  We don’t seem to be bothering each other much in the room since his bed is pretty far from me and we have 1 or 2 sound machines always going.

PC181011

We went ahead and put him in with the girls last night though.  One thing Dr. Harper said made me decide to start trying.  And it’s something I’ve thought of before, with all the kids, especially Natalie.  James may be waking up and sensing I’m in the room.  If he doesn’t sense me, he may go back to sleep.  Who knows?

PC181012

But I did sleep pretty good last night!

PC181013

Mr. James slept from about 10pm until 5:30am.  I don’t know how long it would have taken me to hear him as Matt was up and heard him first.

PC181014

We have such a tiny house, I’m trying not to use a monitor, but just leaving both bedroom doors open.  When Matt woke me up, I could hear James, but I don’t know how long it would have taken him to wake me up.

PC181023

After he ate at 5:30, he didn’t really go back to sleep until 8 something I think.  Ick.  But Daddy was home to hold him!

PC181025

His sleep hasn’t really evolved into the sleep at night and have three naps during the day yet.  But it will.

PC181027 

More about James…

He is wearing 0-3 month clothes, but some of the one-piece outfits are getting snug.  It’s time to go through the 3-6 month clothes we have!  If he wore disposable diapers he’d be wearing size 1.  We have some around here, but I find I really don’t have to use them!

PC181032

He had his first stay in the nursery this past Thursday.  Sola Gratia was singing at the daytime Christmas service at the church.  The girls were in school so I just needed to leave James.  He got to spend some time with his “stand-in” sisters, the Harlan girls, in the nursery.  I think he had a great time!  I can’t believe I didn’t take a picture to mark the occasion.  He stayed with Miss Jane and Miss Betty.  They loved having him.  :)

PC181033

James is smiling up a storm these days – I LOVE it!  he also likes to talk a lot.  He makes a sound that sounds a lot like “Hi,” and it’s fantastic!  He’s also chewing on his hand a lot, but hasn’t figured out the thumb thing.  I think I really want him to.  His sister Natalie is such a good self soother because of that thumb thing.

PC181034

James cannot soothe himself to sleep yet.  We’ve tried and tried, but he just cries (and cries and cries and screams!)  If he does (rarely) manage to fall asleep, he wakes back up very quickly.  He fortunately so far will often stay asleep when I lay him down, but he must be put to sleep first.  He is so much like Joanna.  Until 3 1/2 months old, she slept in our bed at night an on me for naps.  At 3 1/2 months, we made her cry it out and night and it worked!  The nap thing never went well though.  :)

PC181035

I am SO glad that he is becoming very interested in looking around at things.  He has some toys on the bouncer and the playmat that he loves looking at.  He will stare and talk at them for a while.  Yay for contented babies!

PC181037

I think he looks so handsome in this green sweater vest from Aunt Mindy!

PC181038

Um… Joanna face?

PC181041

2 comments: