This afternoon I got to help host a shower for my friend Kimberly, who is having her third boy. Wahoo!!
I never thought I would be the type to host a baby shower, but with an awesome group of ladies, it’s so much fun! I really had it easy on this one too. I pretty much just showed up with a bunch of jars. :)
Baby Eli’s nursery is all Texan, so we ran with that theme!
Candice made the awesome paper decorations using her silhouette. (I did help a little with that by going over to house and helping cut and paste and giving opinions.)
Theresa had the great idea of using simple daisies as decorations. I can’t remember whose idea it was to use the canning jars, but I sure was happy to use my stash!!
Isn’t this diaper cake awesome?!! Theresa found the hat and boots at Hobby Lobby – the hat is a bank! The middle tier of diapers are those jeans ones by Huggies. TOO CUTE!
Sign in table:
Food table:
Little Texas crackers for the Jalepeno popper dip that Lisa made. Yum!
Shaun made these amazing BBQ pork sliders. I may have had three. :)
Jasmin made homemade coleslaw and this yummy pea salad.
Texas sheet cake. SO GOOD.
I love jars.
You can learn all kinds of interesting things helping to host a baby shower. Like that lemons float in water but limes sink. Who’da thunk, right?
I love watching people open presents. :)
Doesn’t Kimberly look so precious?!!
I don’t think everybody signed in – it was a great group!
I did a terrible job of taking pictures of the guests. Mostly I caught people blinking, scratching, or with their mouths open.
Oh well!
It was such a fun party and such a great reason to get together. Congratulations Kimberly!
I’ll update this post when I get the group shot from Shaun. My lens doesn’t zoom out enough for a group picture in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment