One of our favorite things lately for breakfast or a snack is a “milkshake.”
It’s fast, easy, healthy, and the children LOVE it.
In a pint-sized regular-mouth mason jar I put:
- 1 cup of milk
- 2T peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana (frozen in halves so it’ll fit)
- today I added a few spinach leaves and it didn’t affect the taste – yay!
Then I attach that to the blade on my blender (I do believe most blenders are like this.) and pulse it until it’s all blended up – milkshake consistency. One batch makes enough for the three kiddos to share as a snack or part of their breakfast.
For mine, I like to add about 1/2 tablespoon each of sucanat and cocoa powder. Yum.
I saw this on Pinterest a while back (of course!) and the original recipe called for a tablespoon of sugar I think (some kind of sweetener), but you really don’t need it. I freeze the bananas when they’re very ripe, and they’re plenty sweet.
I will likely update this post with pictures (‘cause I love to play with my camera!) but I wanted it up now even though I don’t feel like making a milkshake this very minute. :)
i think your girls would love being in dance. mine are not interested :(. they might be if your girls were in it ;)
ReplyDelete