Thursday, April 12, 2012

Daddy’s Birthday Breakfast

I actually hauled myself out of bed this morning when I heard Matt in the shower so I could make him breakfast.  I use the term “make breakfast” very lightly here.  :)  I had my mom sneak a can of cinnamon rolls into my pantry fridge the night before (because I’m wait until the last minute gal) – thanks Mom!  So I got those cinnamon rolls baking, set out Matt’s present, and crawled back into bed for a few minutes.  :)

Then James and Natalie were up and the rolls were done.  Matt is frosting them:

IMG_3578

I wrapped the present in the girls’ artwork.

IMG_3579

Natalie was so happy to give Daddy her card!

IMG_3580

Mmmmmmm…

IMG_3582

I knew she’d be upset to miss all of this, so I went to wake up Joanna.

IMG_3583

Then Daddy opened his present from us.

IMG_3592

He loved it!

IMG_3594

Here it is up close:

IMG_3601

Of course I saw the idea on Pinterest.  :)  And my grandma had given me the frame last year some time.  Wahoo!!!  And if I’d planned ahead, I’m sure I could have printed the pictures for free.  Waiting until the end cost me $0.62.  Oh well.

Everyone loved the cinnamon rolls!

IMG_3598

Even James, who apparently doesn’t know about taking bites.

IMG_3599

After breakfast we had to send Daddy off to work, and I spent the day in a semi-coma due to the loss of my beauty sleep.  :)  It was worth it, but I’m glad he just has the one birthday.

Later on, the girls and I left Daddy a message singing “Happy Birthday.” 

Last night was children’s choir, so he got spaghetti and cookies for dinner.  :)  We’ll do his “real” birthday dinner tonight – with steaks for the grownups!!

Happy Birthday my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment