Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Feeling Nostalgic

I haven’t taken any great pictures today, so I thought I’d grab a few old ones from my folder of scans to blog this evening.  They are likely in the order in which they were scanned into the computer, which reflects on the order in which I pulled them out of the blogs, which in no way, shape, or form reflects on their chronological order.  Which is the basis of my frustration when I am in a scanning frenzy.

The little one is me.  The boy is my older half-brother.

1983  027

He’s the same age as Matt.  Don’t freak out.

Me and my mommy:

1983  030

I guess parents have to have a sense of humor about things so they named this rocking horse “Lucky” knowing full well I pronounced my L’s with a Y.

1983  (16)

I love this one – my momma and her girls.

1985 008

This is my Granny, my dad’s mom.  And behind her are the same big ol’ bookcases I have in my house.

1985 012

Kathryn and I were singing “Away in a Manger.”

1986 010

The next two appear to be from Kathryn’s first birthday:1986 0301986 031

Kathryn’s in the car; I’m standing up.

1986 035

I really should get the girls into dance so they too can have pictures of themselves in big pink tutus.  :)

1986 045

I’m not sure why for the next one, but it’s cute.  And I recognize the wallpaper in my parent’s bathroom.

1987  (17)

Preschool graduation!!

1987  (3)

2nd grade I think.  We sang “Mr. Sandman.”

1989-890 019

Me and my momma on Easter one year.

1988-89  101

Halloween!  My mother made this Rainbow Brite costume.  Oh I wish we still had it.  :)

1987  (21)

Well, that was fun for me.  :)

And, like I’ve said before: Even though they’re crazy disorganized, I’m sooooooo thankful to have all of these wonderful pictures of my growing up.

1 comment:

  1. 1) LOVE the rainbow brite costume!!
    2) POPPLE!!
    3) Awesome glasses on your brother in the first pic.
    4) You were adorable with your cute little curls!

    ReplyDelete