I was tired when I started today. I’m exhausted now. I was sitting on the couch about 9:30, thinking of all the things I needed to do and trying to figure out how to not do them, instead. :) Natalie came up to me, chewing, and asked for water. She had a bad taste in her mouth. After some screaming (on my part) and some crying (on her part) I figured out she’d eaten a thyroid pill and a prenatal vitamin from a little baggie in my bathroom. I begin to cry kind of hysterically as I run into the kitchen and rip everything off my fridge, looking for that little magnet that has the number for poison control. I can’t find it. I can’t even think where else to look for the number. I call my mom, who can’t understand me, but who eventually figures it out and has me call 911 to ask them. I do, then I call poison control, all the while taking deep breaths so I can be understood. The lady at poison control tries to figure out how many Natalie could have eaten, even though I’m pretty sure she only ate one of each. I know there weren’t a ton in the baggie, but I honestly can’t remember. I had forgotten about the baggie from my trips back in January. She talks; I listen. She is not worried; I am calming down. She asks me if I’m okay. It’s crazy how upset I’ve gotten. I get off the phone feeling better, and by then my mother has arrived and taken the children to the living room to rock. James of course was yelling “eat, eat!” while banging on his high chair while I’m on the phone. Gran has rescued him. Natalie will be fine, she didn’t eat enough to hurt herself. The iron in the prenatal will probably upset her tummy, so she had a pretty big snack just now. She needed to snuggle with me for a while, mostly because of all the screaming I did at her. Poor thing. But wow, that tiny crisis wore me out! And I know I have missed out on Mother of the Year again this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment