Monday, August 20, 2012

Mostly Good Things

This morning James and Joanna slept past 8:00.  It was incredibly glorious!  It was just the most wonderful feeling to have Natalie snuggling at my side, roll over, and realize it was 7:57.  I needed that.  James really needed it.  He’s been having short naps and earlyish mornings.  Yesterday he had a longer nap (1 1/2 hours or so) and he slept in this morning.  He is a NEW MAN!!!!

It’s amazing the things I can get done when he is playing sweetly, instead of crying, screaming, clinging, or a little of each.  :)

It is laundry day for sure around here.  The sun is out so I’m hanging up plenty of things outside.  I washed the kiddos linens, and they dried so quickly outside!  The diapers are out there now, and I couldn’t resist snapping a shot of the sun shining on them.

IMG_6829 copy

This morning when I woke up I’m pretty sure some squirrels were playing racquetball on the roof, which made me wander over to the window.  I don’t know what I was expecting to see, but this sure caught me off guard!

IMG_6826

I don’t think anybody actually ran into it

9although I did call Matt and ask if he’d done it!).  I’m pretty sure it was just ready to fall.  It’s all rotted out at the ground so the rain probably just pushed it right over last night.

Mainly I’m bummed that it happened on a Monday morning.  Usually, this is the kind of chore we’d take care of on the weekend, but I don’t think it can wait until then!  For now, I have the girls stationed at the window waiting for our mail carrier.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment