Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Walking home, puppies, and what’s for lunch

Matt says it’s a quarter of a mile from our house to the elementary school.  I walk it four times every day, so that’s one mile of walking for me every day.  That may not sound like much, but it’s one more mile than I’ve ever walked before!  :)

On the first day of school my mom watched James and Natalie while I walked Joanna to school, but they came with me on the way to pick her up in the afternoon.  I push them in the double stroller, and it’s a good little work-out for me.  It is, by the way, freaking hot outside at 1:50 in the afternoon.

Joanna didn’t want me to take her picture on the way home.  :)

IMG_7207

Can you see her running ahead?  She has plenty of energy!

IMG_7209

My mom surprised me this morning by coming over again to watch the kiddos and she brought breakfast!  It was fabulous!

It’s going to be rough actually taking everybody to school in the morning tomorrow.  :)

This morning the little kids and I were getting on each other’s nerves, so I decided to run an errand (shoes for me!) and then we stopped by my mom’s house.

She’s fostering two little beagle puppies right now.

IMG_0785

They’re very cute (for dogs)!  They need homes!  They were abandoned, and they’re so tiny!

IMG_0790

Anyway… the kids loooooved holding the puppies.  It was a fun morning.

When we got home from picking up Joanna after school I took a shower.  2:00 may become my regular shower time.  It is gross outside!

I thought I’d go ahead and post pictures of Joanna’s lunches this week, just for kicks.

This was today’s – ham, crackers, banana bread, tomatoes, grapes, carrots, and a yogurt tube.

IMG_7157

This evening I made the next three days of lunches.  It doesn’t make any sense to me to pull out all the lunch stuff more than a couple of times a week, especially since my Wednesday and Thursday evenings will be busy this fall.

Cheese, ham, crackers, tomatoes, almonds and craisins, and a couple of grapes

IMG_7210

Ham, cheese, and spinach sandwich, tomatoes, carrots, and strawberries:

IMG_7211

The other half of the sandwich, celery with cream cheese, grapes, and tomatoes:

IMG_7212

Both yesterday and today she came home with a little bit of food (which she ate after school), and that’s my goal for lunches – that she has a little bit more than she needs.  I’m also hoping to have at least a little bit of variety for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment